Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
So...suspensions, bumpers, etc for 19-22 will likely not work on 23-N JLs?
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
The frame could literally just be a materials change and/or mounting points remain identical as before. So they may still work if we do see a frame change. I highly doubt they'd want to redesign every single component there. Doesn't seem to be in their best interest. If I had a set of requirements, one of them would be to retain compatibility.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I'm not able to speak on what exactly has changed because I care about the career of the person from whom I got this information. Also though - I don't fully understand the ramifications of all the changes that I know of because i've only seen the frame. I haven't seen the other necessary sub-components .

Also, the new frame clearly is not on the 2023. So i'm speculating it's coming in 2024 or that perhaps it will debut on a surprise special edition late-2023 model. I dunno, i'm not as well versed in how FCA/Stellantis works as I am with GM and Toyota. All I can say is that it exists and it's got to be on it's way to production because accessories that were designed for it have been ordered in quantity.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Everyone knows someone who's neighbor is cousins with the engineer or product development, or whatever bullshit. And every time they get some secret information they really aren't supposed to share, but do anyway. And it's always some big deal that will shock and amaze or whatever. But yet later on down the road when those things don't actually come to fruition, they have a bunch of lame excuses.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Everyone knows someone who's neighbor is cousins with the engineer or product development, or whatever bullshit. And every time they get some secret information they really aren't supposed to share, but do anyway. And it's always some big deal that will shock and amaze or whatever. But yet later on down the road when those things don't actually come to fruition, they have a bunch of lame excuses.
Well we could all just sit here talking about the latest color rehash but that would get pretty boring wouldn't it?

I just shared what I could about something I happened to learn. There are plenty of members here who are happy to listen and discuss. If speculating about what's coming hurts your feelings, you should probably avoid these conversations.

Wow.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Well we could all just sit here talking about the latest color rehash but that would get pretty boring wouldn't it?

I just shared what I could about something I happened to learn. There are plenty of members here who are happy to listen and discuss. If speculating about what's coming hurts your feelings, you should probably avoid these conversations.

Wow.
You aren't the first to brag about being privy to some secret BS, and you won't be the last. You may actually have some insider knowledge, but you definitely don't know enough to know that it couldn't be implemented as quickly as you claimed. Even when wiser heads told you that it couldn't happen in that time frame. But you were quite insistent, which led me to believe that you were/are full of sh*t. In the mean time when I see your posts, I'll just chuckle to myself and remember this.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
You aren't the first to brag about being privy to some secret BS, and you won't be the last.
Ah see now there's your mistake - I didn't do that.

Even when wiser heads told you that it couldn't happen in that time frame.
Problem is, I know more about this than those "heads"...and it's demonstrated right in your comment. "it couldn't happen in that time frame" - give me a break. You don't even know what "it" is, and even if you did you have no idea what kind of time frame it could be done in.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Ah see now there's your mistake - I didn't do that.

Problem is, I know more about this than those "heads"...and it's demonstrated right in your comment. "it couldn't happen in that time frame" - give me a break. You don't even know what "it" is, and even if you did you have no idea what kind of time frame it could be done in.
Earlier this year you told us that you knew with certainty that the 23 Wrangler would be getting a new tub and frame. You also claimed some other things that have not come to pass. One of your claims was more tire clearance. I called BS then as I knew it would have already leaked from a reliable source. Just like all the little birds who have claimed several times over that the next Wrangler TJ, JK, JL, and now the current ones claim that the JM will be IFS.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Earlier this year you told us that you knew with certainty that the 23 Wrangler would be getting a new tub and frame. You also claimed some other things that have not come to pass. One of your claims was more tire clearance.
Again, I passed on what I was told by someone who knows these things. What's your source? Your magical intuition?

Sponsored

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Have they gone back to Hyundai building the frames ? they were good .

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Well if so, it would seem like it's more reliable than yours...
That's what I thought...you're basically saying "you're full of sh1t because I say so". Also, I don't have intuition, or creativity for that matter. I'm a technical guy.

This penis comparison has been a waste of everyone's time so i'm not going to make it last any longer...sorry I hurt your feelings by sharing things I learned.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
That's what I thought...you're basically saying "you're full of sh1t because I say so". Also, I don't have intuition, or creativity for that matter. I'm a technical guy.

This penis comparison has been a waste of everyone's time so i'm not going to make it last any longer...sorry I hurt your feelings by sharing things I learned.
I'm saying that you are full of sh*t because your post history reflects it. You made claims, they weren't true. When shown the mistake, instead of eating crow accepting that it was an error and moving on, you doubled down and are still trying to claim some superiority. Just makes you look more like a fool.
Sponsored