Jeep information overload

Bstran

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2017 F150
New member and Jeep owner, had a Jeep when I was younger and just picked up a new JLUR. Been searching through this forum looking for information on what I may want to do with my build. I have found lots of ideas, and information but almost so much that i want to go in multiple directions. There are a lot of really nice JL’s on here and some great information.

I am looking to do a lift, and either 35 or 37” tires (like almost everyone else). I am leaning towards a Teraflex lift but torn on the ST or the CT (with 3.3) in either the 2.5 or 3.5”. The MC Game Changer seems to be highly regarded here also and is the same price or less than the Teraflex kits. At the same time I keep seeing all of the folks on the Mopar lift and wonder if i’d be better off saving some cash and going that way. This will be my DD for a little bit but the plan is for it to be used for fun. I will be new to trails, and off-roading with 4 wheels rather than 2.

Hoping to have all of it sorted out in the next couple of weeks. I will be driving past the Teraflex shop in Utah, and would like to stop there and possibly pick up some parts on my way west. Either that or hoping to know I have another kit ordered so I can drive right past without stopping at all.

Also what is the preferred programmer for speedo corrections, TPMS, and such? I keep loading up shopping carts on websites and not hitting the checkout button.......
Sponsored

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
Sounds like you have a lot to think about. Good luck with your Decisions. All the parts you listed will work well.

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
For a daily driver and not ruin it for road trips 35's are the best choice. Tazer for the calibration if you care about all the extra features or for a hundred cheaper superchips flashcal does a lot of things also.

If all you want is a 2.5 inch lift Mopar is a good choice. You might want to expand it with adjustable track bars but it isn't necessary. As a beginer offroader it is silly to spend big money on mods right away. Get some trails run in stock form and decide what to do from there. Maybe extreme crawling isn't your thing. If mild trails with some rocks and off camber is fun enough then 37's with a crazy expensive lift is a waste of money.

Sponsored

Twistedfab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they will and it will not be covered. They lie. And you will have problems either big or small.
If it’s Mopar and dealer installs then it should be covered. Now you may have a dick for a dealer but they should cover an accessory built by them for your vehicle.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
New member and Jeep owner, had a Jeep when I was younger and just picked up a new JLUR. Been searching through this forum looking for information on what I may want to do with my build. I have found lots of ideas, and information but almost so much that i want to go in multiple directions. There are a lot of really nice JL’s on here and some great information.

I am looking to do a lift, and either 35 or 37” tires (like almost everyone else). I am leaning towards a Teraflex lift but torn on the ST or the CT (with 3.3) in either the 2.5 or 3.5”. The MC Game Changer seems to be highly regarded here also and is the same price or less than the Teraflex kits. At the same time I keep seeing all of the folks on the Mopar lift and wonder if i’d be better off saving some cash and going that way. This will be my DD for a little bit but the plan is for it to be used for fun. I will be new to trails, and off-roading with 4 wheels rather than 2.

Hoping to have all of it sorted out in the next couple of weeks. I will be driving past the Teraflex shop in Utah, and would like to stop there and possibly pick up some parts on my way west. Either that or hoping to know I have another kit ordered so I can drive right past without stopping at all.

Also what is the preferred programmer for speedo corrections, TPMS, and such? I keep loading up shopping carts on websites and not hitting the checkout button.......
Since you are relatively new to 4x4 wheeling and haven't had a Jeep for a while, you might want to leave the Jeep stock for now and have some fun testing it out on the sort of trails you like. Then you will have a much better idea of what you really need in terms of any modifications. Doing all that now seems putting the kart before the horse so to speak.

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
If it’s Mopar and dealer installs then it should be covered. Now you may have a dick for a dealer but they should cover an accessory built by them for your vehicle.
Yeah, my dealer has been great. Another dealer did the install of the Mopar lift and my local dealer had not blamed anything on it - they blame everything on FCA...

OP
OP

Bstran

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2017 F150
Since you are relatively new to 4x4 wheeling and haven't had a Jeep for a while, you might want to leave the Jeep stock for now and have some fun testing it out on the sort of trails you like. Then you will have a much better idea of what you really need in terms of any modifications. Doing all that now seems putting the kart before the horse so to speak.
This is probably the best advice, but I am really wanting to at least do a little......
Sponsored