Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Igloo and Jeep® Brand Embark on an Adventure Together With the Release of Two Playmate Coolers

May 5, 2022 , Katy, Texas - Today, Igloo and the Jeep® brand ventured out for adventure by releasing the first-ever Jeep Playmate coolers, featuring original artwork geared toward Jeep brand enthusiasts who want to keep their refreshments ice-cold throughout every journey. The special-edition Jeep Stickers Playmate Pal is available now in two color options at igloocoolers.com/jeep.

“The Jeep brand embodies the spirit of adventure while Igloo further enhances the good times had on those adventures — it’s a partnership we’re excited to take together,” said Brian Garofalow, chief marketing officer at Igloo. “Thanks to the fun, timeless design and ability to keep road drinks and snacks perfectly fresh, the brand-new Jeep Playmate is going to make Jeep life even cooler.”

Igloo designed the new Jeep Stickers Playmate Pal with custom graphics showcasing the instantly recognizable Jeep seven-slot grille, Jeep brand mark and adventure-inspired stickers that adventurers would collect along their travels. This special-edition Playmate comes in two color options: carbonite and sapphire.

The two Jeep Stickers Playmate Pal coolers — each $44.99 with a 7-quart capacity that fits up to nine 12-ounce cans — can be purchased now, while supplies last, at igloocoolers.com/jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Igloo Playmate Coolers Collaboration Now Available Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 8.46.13 AM

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Igloo Playmate Coolers Collaboration Now Available JEEPNATIVEV3PDPB1080x1080-1651586620673

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Igloo Playmate Coolers Collaboration Now Available jeep-igloo-lead-1651853260

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Igloo Playmate Coolers Collaboration Now Available 00027536_2

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Igloo Playmate Coolers Collaboration Now Available 00027536_4

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Igloo Playmate Coolers Collaboration Now Available 00027537_2

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Igloo Playmate Coolers Collaboration Now Available 00027537_4
Sponsored

Deleted member 74991

Igloo and Jeep® Brand Embark on an Adventure Together With the Release of Two Playmate Coolers

May 5, 2022 , Katy, Texas - Today, Igloo and the Jeep® brand ventured out for adventure by releasing the first-ever Jeep Playmate coolers, featuring original artwork geared toward Jeep brand enthusiasts who want to keep their refreshments ice-cold throughout every journey. The special-edition Jeep Stickers Playmate Pal is available now in two color options at igloocoolers.com/jeep.

“The Jeep brand embodies the spirit of adventure while Igloo further enhances the good times had on those adventures — it’s a partnership we’re excited to take together,” said Brian Garofalow, chief marketing officer at Igloo. “Thanks to the fun, timeless design and ability to keep road drinks and snacks perfectly fresh, the brand-new Jeep Playmate is going to make Jeep life even cooler.”

Igloo designed the new Jeep Stickers Playmate Pal with custom graphics showcasing the instantly recognizable Jeep seven-slot grille, Jeep brand mark and adventure-inspired stickers that adventurers would collect along their travels. This special-edition Playmate comes in two color options: carbonite and sapphire.

The two Jeep Stickers Playmate Pal coolers — each $44.99 with a 7-quart capacity that fits up to nine 12-ounce cans — can be purchased now, while supplies last, at igloocoolers.com/jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Igloo Playmate Coolers Collaboration Now Available 00027537_4

If these were made by Yeti and the Stickers didn’t look like I slapped them on when I was 6 I’d be down to get one.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
The Playmate Cooler is indeed an iconic product. Many of us with a few decades under our belts started with a Playmate as our first "personal" cooler, as it was innovative when introduced way back when. However, unless they have tweaked the lid design, that cavern of uninsulated space* aka the lid/handle results in rather inefficient performance as a cooler. Fine as a daily lunchbox with ice block, but anything past a few hours is beyond the Playmate's performance capability. I got rid of my two Playmate Coolers when I moved to Germany in 1989. Competition with tight-fitting, insulated lids have taken their place in my cooler collection. And now that I've discovered Dometic and Iceco fridges, I use my ice-based coolers less and less...

*-If Igloo has updated the Playmate lid to something resembling efficient, I am open to be corrected on this score.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase

Sooo just a basic cooler w/ Jeep stickers? Pretty lame. Maybe if the jeep grill was embedded in the cooler... or something different.

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
If your Jeep is the color of a Playmobile your all set.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
If these were made by Yeti and the Stickers didn’t look like I slapped them on when I was 6 I’d be down to get one.
Exactly. I’ve got much better stickers on my Yeti and am happy to rock it in my Jeep.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep’s latest “sticker edition”... :facepalm:

Igloo has a lot more to win than Jeep in this one. Whoever at Jeep approved this “collaboration” should be fired.

This is how brands become devalued.

Catdom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
That's the best they could come up with? I'd rather just put my own sticker on. But slap JEEP on something and someone will buy it.
19 jeep stickers set on amazon is 13 bucks. Agreed, buy them stick them on the cooler you already have and call it a collaboration.

Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
It’s obviously a big hit! :LOL::CWL:

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
I have a hunch those supplies are going to last a bit longer than they thought. That looks terrible. It's not even like the cooler is that color either. They are just huge stickers for the lid that look like other stickers are on it. They really almost couldn't have done worse, unless you get them and the stickers aren't stuck evenly.

RZ.

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 Sport S
Occupation
Blueprints & Tarot
Couldn'ta slapped a sticker over this one & doubled the price!?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Igloo Playmate Coolers Collaboration Now Available 1652030710839

rubiria

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
A cool novelty, but anyone who has been around a while knows that anything you put in an Igloo cooler in the morning is luke warm by the afternoon. They've never made a good cooler.
Reason being is that they’re not thermally sealed. I don’t mind using them for a Day Trip, stashing water bottles along the way.

But in the end, I honestly rather slap stickers of my likening on my existing Playmate Cooler

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The emergence of coolers as a lifestyle item, for which some consumers are willing to pay many hundreds of dollars, is one of the more interesting things to have occurred over the past decade or so. Certainly, it's a triumph of marketing.
Sponsored