Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Yep, looks zackly like the #891 they show. Woohoo!
You are a lucky fellow. All that I ended up with from my divorce was my clothes, a bed frame, box springs and a mattress. You would think that she would have left some bed linen but no! ;)
Later,
Johnny

Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Yep, looks zackly like the #891 they show. Woohoo!
Most Stickley have the logo branded/burned into them (or a tag in some cases). However some do not - I would definitely have your's checked out prior to giving it away or put it in a garage sale:). Since you lived in Vermont, and Stickley is made in Manlius, NY (right outside Syracuse) high probability it might be (a lot of furniture places carry it up that way, I have to go to New Orleans to find the closest dealer).

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
We get our meat from local friends, raising grassfed beef and pork. Tuesday we picked up half a hog, so our Thanksgiving was ribs for lunch and a shoulder roast for dinner. Locally grown sweet potatos, and our pie was local pumpkin. There are inconveniences to living in rural Iowa, but basic food supply isnt one of them. Neighbor dropped off 8 dozen fresh eggs yesterday, and next week we go get a quarter of a beef.

Twenty years ago, when all the kids still lived at home, we had Thanksgivings where every bite of food was stuff we raised ourselves.

I still cant get a pizza delivered, though.
For anybody in the northwest longing for this sort of sourcing-your-own-food experience, you’re welcome to come visit my place, where every manner of undesirable critter is present in abundance, including turkeys.

Based upon my driveway and patio, our turkeys can turn one pound of forage into three or four pounds of poop, so they got THAT going for them. Their other main attribute is extreme stupidity, so you won’t have to bring a bow or a gun to hunt them. You can use a baseball bat or a golf club. I’m willing to loan you either.

And to help defray the cost of getting here I’ll give you a buck for every turkey you remove from the property. Or two bucks each if you take at least one cougar or other large predator with you take with you on the same trip.

Sadly, the cougars and coyotes don’t seem to like eating turkey.

I like eating it even more since I’ve gotten to know them. :LOL: