Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Turkey...it is SO overrated for Thanksgiving....I give you pork ribs slow cooked over charcoal...and yes, they were as good as they looked. :D Happy Thanksgiving Jeeples!!!

1606448250791.png
We get our meat from local friends, raising grassfed beef and pork. Tuesday we picked up half a hog, so our Thanksgiving was ribs for lunch and a shoulder roast for dinner. Locally grown sweet potatos, and our pie was local pumpkin. There are inconveniences to living in rural Iowa, but basic food supply isnt one of them. Neighbor dropped off 8 dozen fresh eggs yesterday, and next week we go get a quarter of a beef.

Twenty years ago, when all the kids still lived at home, we had Thanksgivings where every bite of food was stuff we raised ourselves.

I still cant get a pizza delivered, though.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA

Sponsored

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
We get our meat from local friends, raising grassfed beef and pork. Tuesday we picked up half a hog, so our Thanksgiving was ribs for lunch and a shoulder roast for dinner. Locally grown sweet potatos, and our pie was local pumpkin. There are inconveniences to living in rural Iowa, but basic food supply isnt one of them. Neighbor dropped off 8 dozen fresh eggs yesterday, and next week we go get a quarter of a beef.

Twenty years ago, when all the kids still lived at home, we had Thanksgivings where every bite of food was stuff we raised ourselves.

Sounds great. We raise, or harvest a big chunk of our own too. Tastes better when you know where it's from.
Delivery pizza is overrated.

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Structural Engineer

The apples in my apple pie were grown in my state...but that's about all I can guarantee. :bandit: No idea where anything else came from, but it was tasty regardless!

Sponsored

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Sounds great. We raise, or harvest a big chunk of our own too. Tastes better when you know where it's from.
Delivery pizza is overrated.
You don't live here...one thing we do well is pizza. ;)

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
You don't live here...one thing we do well is pizza. ;)
I like thin crust, but if you keep frozen dough, and pizza stuff on hand, it's nothin to whip up some amazing homemade pizza on the grill/woodstove. Ready to eat in about the same amount of time too.
Sponsored