Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
No going back now:). Good thing you caught/cleaned out the dryer vent - looked like a potential vent fire was in the making. It's amazing, even with dryers having lint filters. how much lint gets by and builds up.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
Well, Wrangler was dropped off this AM for the start of the steering gearbox TSB. They have to verify everything, get FCA's blessing to proceed, and then order the parts. Service manager said FCA has been good about approving - keeping my fingers crossed.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Well, Wrangler was dropped off this AM for the start of the steering gearbox TSB. They have to verify everything, get FCA's blessing to proceed, and then order the parts. Service manager said FCA has been good about approving - keeping my fingers crossed.
I saw something somewhere online that said service departments have been told to do if for "anyone who asks for it". Even modified/lifted rigs. 'Course, there's always that one service department that didn't get the memo, but I think you're good to go. :like:

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Vintage fighter planes have been flying over my house. Some sort of Veteran's day thing apparently. It sounds like there's a WWII dog-fight going on outside. Last group, P51 Mustangs. :captain:

I think they're headed your way, Dave/Mike!

MtBaldyDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Stand up Philosopher
Vintage fighter planes have been flying over my house. Some sort of Veteran's day thing apparently. It sounds like there's a WWII dog-fight going on outside. Last group, P51 Mustangs. :captain:

They were by earlier or at least flew over the office. It was 4-Mustangs :captain:

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC

Getting to see my daily Blue Angel airshow practice while on the golf course today. One screamed by at 100 feet and warp speed in the middle of my back swing. Fun to watch but the wreck havoc on my golf game (such as it is).

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
Alright, gotta move - just didn't know it was to Wyoming!
My favorite place on the planet so far. I'd be there now if my better half could take the winters. I am actually starting to think about summers in WY and winters somewhere warmer like SC. I think that would be a deal she could take.

Sponsored

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
What the fuck is a progressive verb?! Also, perfect, and progressive perfect??

We did not learn this shit when we were in school. 4 adults trying to get this kid through his homework.
God help us!
It's in my writing reference guide, "Prentice hall reference guide" (which of course does not imply that it was taught/learned).

Present progressive, activity in progress. "Is studying".

Present perfect progressive, action that began in the past, continues to the present, and may continue. "Have been considering".

Past progressive, past action that took place over a period of time. "Were driving".

Past perfect progressive, ongoing condition in the past that has concluded. "Had been planning".

Future progressive / future perfect progressive is left as an exercise to the reader. :captain:

ps: It's merely a matter of precise categorization in grammar. "We changed your steering box" is less precise than "We replaced it with steering box #123557". See also sentence diagramming. :devil:

Last edited:

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
It's in my writing reference guide, "Prentice hall reference guide" (which of course does not imply that it was taught/learned).

Present progressive, activity in progress. "Is studying".

Present perfect progressive, action that began in the past, continues to the present, and may continue. "Have been considering".

Past progressive, past action that took place over a period of time. "Were driving".

Past perfect progressive, ongoing condition in the past that has concluded. "Had been planning".

Future progressive / future perfect progressive is left as an exercise to the reader. :captain:

ps: It's merely a matter of precise categorization in grammar. "We changed your steering box" is less precise than "We replaced it with steering box #123557". See also sentence diagramming. :devil:
Future progressive = I'm going to pretend I didn't see this post. :giggle:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Future progressive = I'm going to pretend I didn't see this post. :giggle: