Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
w00t, steering TSB install scheduled for Monday.
I'm happy with the changes, though not as dramatic as all that. I was expecting a new ratio but it seems fairly similar just a bit more reactive.

RalphJLWAVE

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I guess you and I are in kind of the same boat! My wife claims she wants to learn how to ride so I'm keeping my old beater around. Now if I can actually get her to take the class that would be a miracle. :headbang:
Patrick can ride, he just doesn’t want to in city traffic.

Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
I'm happy with the changes, though not as dramatic as all that. I was expecting a new ratio but it seems fairly similar just a bit more reactive.
Does it tighten up the free play in the steering? I have a half inch of play either way from center, no drifting or other issues. This is my first Jeep so nothing to compare it with and it's been a long time since I've driven something with a similar steering setup.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
Wow, nice temp for Syracuse this time of year - I can remember going skiing in October. I can also remember 3 inches of snow on 17 May (day after graduation). I'm trying to figure a way to get up to NY to visit my family, I'm sure the day before I get arrive it'll snow 24" like the last time:) (right after Thanksgiving last year).

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Does it tighten up the free play in the steering? I have a half inch of play either way from center, no drifting or other issues. This is my first Jeep so nothing to compare it with and it's been a long time since I've driven something with a similar steering setup.
Yes, there is no more free play. When I start to turn the wheel, the Jeep starts to turn.

Before it was like driving a 20 year old truck. The wheel could be bounced back and forth a good inch or more without affecting the Jeep's direction.

Don't get me wrong, it's no STI steering but I like that the input is not on delay anymore.

Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
Yes, there is no more free play. When I start to turn the wheel, the Jeep starts to turn.

Before it was like driving a 20 year old truck. The wheel could be bounced back and forth a good inch or more without affecting the Jeep's direction.

Don't get me wrong, it's no STI steering but I like that the input is not on delay anymore.
Good to know, your analogy of a 20 year old truck (or car without rack and pinion) is exactly how mine drives. It's not a huge deal but does require more input to make corrections. Now to see if I can get one of our local Jeep dealers to entertain doing the TSB for this.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
You know, I just thought about taking the back seat out of the two door entirely. Have Charlie jump in the back hatch and he'll have more room than the back seat of the 4 door, lol.
We should have tested this idea while I was there. The back seat was out.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase