Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

MtBaldyDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Stand up Philosopher
???

Have I believed an army doc for far too long? I'll be double checking with a civilian doc soon, so next time my sister and brother in law go dive I will try to join them. Even my buddy from 6th grade goes and dives with his wife. I've been left out for years because I was warned that it would damage my eardrums.
My wife had the tubes as a kid and one side didn't heal correct. She had a procedure a couple years back to correct it. If i remember right she had a tiny hole on the drum. They scuffed around the edge and used a synthetic fiber to patch it which eventually dissolved and healed. She still careful in water(out of habit IMO) but it did work.
Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
My wife had the tubes as a kid and one side didn't heal correct. She had a procedure a couple years back to correct it. If i remember right she had a tiny hole on the drum. They scuffed around the edge and used a synthetic fiber to patch it which eventually dissolved and healed. She still careful in water(out of habit IMO) but it did work.
Hey! Maybe Gary has a hole in his head! :giggle:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
All awesome, but what would that be able to do against a torpedo? Bullets and lazers don't do well after hitting the surface of water.
Against torpedoes? The only thing I know of is sonar decoys.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Mornin y'all. Afternoon Sir John. How's the boat hunt going?
I'm actually looking forward to the boat pics.
It’s going to be a couple more months before I can buy the boat. Hopefully the crazy prices that are being asked (and achieved) may have fallen a bit by then too.

That doesn’t stop me looking though. I like this boat which came to the market yesterday ....already ‘under offer’.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 06D07237-7E2E-461D-B4E3-0707F2757ADA

https://rugbyboats.co.uk/listings/lois-jane-60-cruiser-stern-2000-alexander-boats-sandhills/

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
That sucker sure spits out some rounds!
My son was on the Curtis Wilbur stationed in Yokosuka JN. He used to talk about the CWIZ all the time. Said they were on patrol and a big bird got too close. Instant roast turkey. For you unaware, these weapons are fully automatic and controlled solely by computer system.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Bad things can happen when a 'heavy' pilot tries to fly a 'heavy' like a fighter.
Wasn't that a retirement flight for a Colonel too? :(

Also I've had at least one ride in a C-17 where the pilot was pulling some maneuvers that almost made me airsick... and I am not prone to that. :surprised:

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Wasn't that a retirement flight for a Colonel too? :(

Also I've had at least one ride in a C-17 where the pilot was pulling some maneuvers that almost made me airsick... and I am not prone to that. :surprised:
from my understanding, yes, it was a fini-flight.
I was given an 'incentive flight' in an F-111 and I got sick, but it wasn't during any high G maneuvering, it was when we were in a race-track pattern waiting for our entry time slot to go into the low-level portion, which was a blast. That flight wore my ass out. I was drained of energy when we got back. it gave me a new perspective on what those flight crews go through. I was supposed to get a flight in an F-16 when I was stationed in Korea and we were deployed to Okinawa. I was next on the list when our D model (two seater) went hard broke and the commander said no more incentive flights :crying: . I know that would've tore me a new a-hole.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Morning boys and ladies. Shit is getting real around here...people are turning in birds due to economic crashing...big expensive birds that they can't keep anymore. And I expect it to get worse. Here's yesterdays intake.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Diega

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Seymour2020

Roughly $5K worth of highly intelligent exotic wildlife, both family companions for long periods, and the owners begging me please to take them in. I'm up to fifty birds in care right now, with space available for maybe another six or eight, then I start turning them away.
Sponsored