Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Once it got sideways there was a good second it stopped moving and a good driver would have had that wheel cranked left real fast just then. Could have saved it.
May also have been a moment of panic.

Sure hope I can keep it straight in a situation like that. While in Moab even with the LJ I found the two doors didn't like the climbs nearly as much as the bit longer 4 doors. Having the nose come up and dropping back always gets the blood moving. :surprised:

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Okay, finally had a chance to install the Diver Down seat covers - look and feel great. Haven't had a chance to take a longer ride in them. I did manage to turn what should have been a 30-40 minute job into a hour or so while loosing 5 lbs of sweat. Would not suggest installing in the hot FL sun with a temp of 95 and 81 degree dew point. I also had to learn how Jeep seats reclining mechanism work the hard way (long story). Anyway pics below (covers are black - photos make them look charcoal/gray).

FCAC14B4-824F-4526-AC06-83E537929D65.jpeg

14CF073F-E094-48C7-83DB-88FA164A5223.jpeg

Sponsored

Sponsored

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
May also have been a moment of panic.

Sure hope I can keep it straight in a situation like that. While in Moab even with the LJ I found the two doors didn't like the climbs nearly as much as the bit longer 4 doors. Having the nose come up and dropping back always gets the blood moving. :surprised:
My old cj5 wasn't allowed to climb hills for that reason. It would put nose to sky in 4lo on dry ground whenever you would touch the gas at all. Fun to scare passengers with going through a field. Not so much on the side of a hill.

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
Okay, finally had a chance to install the Diver Down seat covers - look and feel great. Haven't had a chance to take a longer ride in them. I did manage to turn what should have been a 30-40 minute job into a hour or so while loosing 5 lbs of sweat. Would not suggest installing in the hot FL sun with a temp of 95 and 81 degree dew point. I also had to learn how Jeep seats reclining mechanism work the hard way (long story). Anyway pics below (covers are black - photos make them look charcoal/gray).

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) aDgD6Qw_700b

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) aDgD6Qw_700b
Looks good, what in the world was the issue with the recline?

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Looks good, what in the world was the issue with the recline?
Not sure what the cause was (me installing one of the seat cover straps on something under the seats or just a feature of Jeep seats) but after installing the driver's side the seat back would not lock/stay in place. I would just spring full forward.

I of course had to put myself in all kinds of unnatural positions looking at all the linkages under the seat and how it worked trying to figure out the problem (while my wife kept telling me there were probably instructions in the owners manual - I'm a guy we don't need no stinking instructions:)). Anyway by a stroke of luck while I was pushing the seat back to full recline, almost flat, to see the linkages work the locking mechanism clicked and was working (it was much like the old ratcheting beach chairs where you had to tilt them all the way back to engage the ratchet). Anyway that fixed it and that's what I'm going with until I get a chance to explore the cause some more. Never had any of my other many car seats operate like this, so hopefully it is normal.
Sponsored