Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Really depends on brand of tires your comparing? Milstar Patagonia's is 2.1" a difference
Until they get mounted on the wheel they always stand taller

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Until they get mounted on the wheel they always stand taller
Yes, of course but that goes for any tire. If you have the same brand tires, same load rating just different sizes and on the same rig they're gonna be close to the difference in size as the manufacture stated. Heck, you can have a difference from wheel to wheel on your current tires.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, of course but that goes for any tire. If you have the same brand tires, same load rating just different sizes and on the same rig they're gonna be close to the difference in size as the manufacture stated. Heck, you can have a difference from wheel to wheel on your current tires.
Does that make a difference when you're going to a wider tire of the same diameter? I haven't considered this effect.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
Does that make a difference when you're going to a wider tire of the same diameter? I haven't considered this effect.
Honestly, I don't know. I'm no tire expert at all. I'm just going off of what I've read through research for my new tires. I really looked at tire size vs mfg stated size vs actual size. Really I would think that where it really would decrease if you compared load ratings because lighter sidewall rating would sag a bit more. If I was anymore curious i would speak with a local tire shop and discuss and/or have a test fitment done.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, I don't know. I'm no tire expert at all. I'm just going off of what I've read through research for my new tires. I really looked at tire size vs mfg stated size vs actual size. Really I would think that where it really would decrease if you compared load ratings because lighter sidewall rating would sag a bit more. If I was anymore curious i would speak with a local tire shop and discuss and/or have a test fitment done.
yeah that's just something I haven't really thought of until I read your comment. It would suck if I wound up losing ground clearance but since its the widest 32 that can go on the factory wheels it might actually be a factor to consider.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

parrotheadphan