Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
When we were there the active volcano was only steaming, but our pilot was great and took us to see the falls, the shoreline, and where they do a lot of filming for movies.

We toured a few of the islands and couldn't get over the number of chickens running around. I'll say that it's a great place to visit, but I'd be stir crazy in a year. Maybe.

I like to roam about a bit.
Looks like we're talking Hawaii, cool looked like it. We honeymooned primarily Kauai. Was spectacular :involve: I kept referring to all the chickens as Polynesian Chickens. Then we attended a Luau, and one of the dishes .... Polynesian Chicken. We laughed and laughed. :LOL:

Time to go back, but not sure these days :(

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I missed, which locale?
We visited quite a few, but the helicopter ride was on Kaua'i. Visited the USS Arizona on O'ahu, both sides of the big island, Thomas A. Jagger Museum, Black Sands Beach, North Shore (Thursday they cooked on the beach with live entertainment... so good.), ... you really need a month or more to relax and enjoy more.

Someday we will go again.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Looks like we're talking Hawaii, cool looked like it. We honeymooned primarily Kauai. Was spectacular :involve: I kept referring to all the chickens as Polynesian Chickens. Then we attended a Luau, and one of the dishes .... Polynesian Chicken. We laughed and laughed. :LOL:

Time to go back, but not sure these days :(
Someday. :beer:

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Hey gang,
Catching up. It's been a shit week.

Got home on Tuesday night, and youngest doggo wasn't herself. After keeping an eye on her for a bit, and seeing her try to throw up and nothing happen, we gave her belly a feel. Tight and expanded.

Bloat (aka GDV, aka twisted stomach)

Load up, and drive an hour to the emergency vet hospital.

We caught it before the restricted blood flow etc did all sorts of organ damage, and before her pancreas started throwing off cardiac-toxic hormones.

She's had her surgery, and spent two nights at the vet, and is now home, resting and recovering. Her prognosis is good - and I'm just hopeful that when she jumped into the jeep before I could lift her yesterday, she didn't pull the internal stitches holding her stomach to her abdominal wall.... Sigh...

Other doggo is at the kennel, so they don't wrestle and be generalized staple-ripping asshats.
That’s properly scary, glad you knew what it was and were able to get her quickly to some help. .

Mine always jump up into the car/Jeep when they’ve got internal stitches, I think they’re conditioned to do this lol. I’m still feeling the pain of the vets bill at this stage and not watching the dog!.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
When we were there the active volcano was only steaming, but our pilot was great and took us to see the falls, the shoreline, and where they do a lot of filming for movies.

We toured a few of the islands and couldn't get over the number of chickens running around. I'll say that it's a great place to visit, but I'd be stir crazy in a year. Maybe.

I like to roam about a bit.
Yes the chickens! they're everywhere!

I was only on Oahu though, but I got to tour a lot of the touristy spots and then find some not so touristy areas too.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
We visited quite a few, but the helicopter ride was on Kaua'i. Visited the USS Arizona on O'ahu, both sides of the big island, Thomas A. Jagger Museum, Black Sands Beach, North Shore (Thursday they cooked on the beach with live entertainment... so good.), ... you really need a month or more to relax and enjoy more.

Someday we will go again.
Very cool. We visited Pearl Harbor and a drive around Oahu on the way in and a waikiki area evening on the way out, but 10 days on Kauai - hiking, biking, Jeep thru the red dirt pineapple fields, sailing, snorkeling, scuba, helicopter tour, horseback, cliff jumping, 10 minute rain downpour every afternoon at 4pm. So many first time experience things, was relaxing and awesome. :involve:

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
My wife saw this and sent me a pic. This is EXACTLY like my old Dakota. I wonder if its got the 5 speed? I drove all over California in that truck. San Diego up to San Francisco and back down. Orange County, and LA. Then out to the Mojave desert and Las Vegas! I wish I hadn't have been rear ended on the way to the commissary... :(

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Resized_20200522_143601(2)

A modern equivalent might be nesseccary, lol. With the 6 speed of course!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1590172942270

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
That’s properly scary, glad you knew what it was and were able to get her quickly to some help. .

Mine always jump up into the car/Jeep when they’ve got internal stitches, I think they’re conditioned to do this lol. I’m still feeling the pain of the vets bill at this stage and not watching the dog!.
That must be it!!!
Sponsored