Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Yes and the problem with these headlines now is that we lose faith in what we’re being told don’t we. So when/if it gets worse it will be harder to get folk to listen.
Are you feeling like there’s inconsistent messaging on your side of the water?

I think things have been reasonably decent here. I think faith in Public Health is quite high...

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly! I think it’s just the way the news folks tend to sensationalize things. Certainly there is a legitimate concern, but I think not more than other flu strains.
People have immunity to flu strains.

This genuinely scary for older people and those who are compromised.

Also, in our public system, we do not run with an excess of capacity. A sudden up spike in ICU admits, etc will put a real strain on the system. People with other conditions will be at risk because we run out of beds, ventilators, etc.

This is currently happening in Italy.

I’m certainly not in a panic. I haven’t stocked up on anything. But I do have concerns.

Sponsored

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talked with my service department. Looks like a clutch slave cylinder issue?

If that's the case, then it may not be such a bad fix? Will have to wait and see.
I had a slave cylinder issue about a year ago. Bought me a new clutch....

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Are you feeling like there’s inconsistent messaging on your side of the water?

I think things have been reasonably decent here. I think faith in Public Health is quite high...
Our government and the NHS have outlined the likely chain of events and seem to be acting proactively. Of course that’s the image they want to project and for us to see. The truth is that nobody really knows what will happen.

It looks like we might be on course to follow Italy’s experiences. If that’s the case we are 2 or 3 weeks from ‘lockdown’. Scary stuff. That would be a real test for the government’s authority and the wider population’s willingness to cooperate. Are they going to put troops on the streets? There are so many difficulties in implementing a travel ban I’m not sure that’s even possible. Are people going to be starved to death in their own homes?

At this point there are only a few localised reports of supermarket shelves being cleared of stuff.I did my weekly shop at Aldi yesterday and there were no signs of shortages of anything. I. suppose that could change quite quickly. The major supermarkets are said to have planning in place to maintain supplies of essentials and local councils would be expected to relax regulations that prohibit deliveries to the stores at anti social hours.

As a nation we have faith in the National Health Service because it’s ‘ours’ but the truth is it’s been massively underfunded since the Tories were elected in 2010 and struggles to cope with the seasonal pressures that come every winter. There is no spare capacity in the system.

So, to the question...yes we are getting fairly consistent messages from government but it’s a government that already lacks credibility despite being re-elected with a massive majority only 3 months ago.

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
no parts to fix it..... that is what I've been reading. They supposedly halted productions of the manual and some are saying they are not selling the manuals that are currently on dealerships lots.
:asshat:

cowgirljeeper

First Name
Shaunti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini Pearl JLUR, 1997/2001/2-2014 Rams, 1979 Ford, 1978 Ford step-side
Talked with my service department. Looks like a clutch slave cylinder issue?

If that's the case, then it may not be such a bad fix? Will have to wait and see.
that's what i read but the issue is parts on fixing them.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about your back
Thanks. It is what it is and I've come to realize that I don't have to give myself a dose of "Suck it up" anymore. Chiropractor, Acupuncture and Physical Therapy are all very nice.

bellts

First Name
Timmy!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS 3.6l, Manual (Timmychanga)
Occupation
Software Engineer (of sorts),
Although lacking any clear empirical evidence, I get the impression that the 8.4" unit tends to be far more glitchy than the 7". Though all things being equal I wish mine had the 8.4 instead of the 7... glitches and all.
I like my 5". I guess it's how you use it?!
Sponsored