Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

CrazyKASG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (JRex)
OK - a serious question ;) Being retired I tend to take long trips and they seem to be getting longer. The one I got back from the day I picked up my JL was seven weeks and the next trip will be seven weeks. Anything special I should be aware of with the new JL since it will be sitting in the garage for seven weeks without being started?
If its below zero during that time, it may injure the battery. Not a likely problem in your location though. ;)
Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
OK - a serious question ;) Being retired I tend to take long trips and they seem to be getting longer. The one I got back from the day I picked up my JL was seven weeks and the next trip will be seven weeks. Anything special I should be aware of with the new JL since it will be sitting in the garage for seven weeks without being started?
You may want to put a battery tender (jr.) on it.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I think I have discovered another lawsuit item. With ESS the engine shuts off and restarts while the transmission is in D. However, if I as a mere mortal were to turn the engine off while in D, there is no way in hell that I'm allowed to start said dead engine without moving the shift lever to either P or N. Why in the world should I be enslaved by such shit!!! Anyone wanna join my lawsuit?

:CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I think I have discovered another lawsuit item. With ESS the engine shuts off and restarts while the transmission is in D. However, if I as a mere mortal were to turn the engine off while in D, there is no way in hell that I'm allowed to start said dead engine without moving the shift lever to either P or N. Why in the world should I be enslaved by such shit!!! Anyone wanna join my lawsuit?

:CWL:

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
PSA. Lunch at Friendly's SUCKS! (end of PSA)
My mother loved Friendly's. I ate lunch their on my New England trip a couple of years ago. I thought it was okay. I guess it was better back in the olden days.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
How unfortunate, but thanks for taking a hit for us! I’ve never been there.
You are welcome. Ice Cream would be OK, anything else and you are taking a chance. I had the soup and salad. Their Chicken Noodle soup ALMOST had noodles in it and I'm sure the broth was made from their dishwater. The salad was almost hard to locate on the plate due to being hidden by croutons and tomatoes and some onion slices. Once I removed the evil tomatoes, onions, and croutons I was ready to enjoy both tiny leaves of lettuce along with the thimble of ranch dressing. Way overpriced at $6.

I drowned my dissatisfaction at the mall with a couple chunks of dark chocolate almond bark. I did, however, at least do two laps.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase

I would...but I was smart and got the Manual!! As long as I don't put my JL in neutral and let the clutch out, my ESS never kicks on...EVER!!!
Sponsored