Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Don't go there - my last active duty Marine Corps Ball I was the oldest Marine (and that is saying something since I was at a senior command with a lot of old Marines). Youngest Marine was a LCpl at 19 or 20, needless to say she wasn't even born or a thought when I was being commissioned:). However, I always said the young Marines kept me young, or at least in shape.
When they came around with absentee ballots for the election of 1968, the LT got one...he was 23. We didnt have a papa sierra, and everyone else was 18 or 19. 28 Marines=1 ballot.

TheBigBadWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Firecracker (3 Pedal Version)
This is why I just slur most of the time .... well one of the reasons

48406596_10156734316953361_7465057265330946048_n.jpg
We are teaching one of our kids to read right now. I actually said just a few minutes ago “its ok honey, English is hard!” Although frustrating, watching a kid learn to read is one of the genuine joys in life.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Did some more garage stuff today and patched that busted irrigation pipe.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 6DBCB425-C677-4A41-8712-3D4A2E8B9C20_1_105_c

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
We are teaching one of our kids to read right now. I actually said just a few minutes ago “its ok honey, English is hard!” Although frustrating, watching a kid learn to read is one of the genuine joys in life.
I was lucky, when I was growing up we had a retired teacher (Mrs. Milstead) next door. She started teaching me to read before I was 4 (and making me drink Tang during my lessons, so I am dating myself). I could read before kindergarten. Obviously the rest of my intellect lagged way behind and is faltering daily

Sponsored

TheBigBadWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was lucky, when I was growing up we had a retired teacher (Mrs. Milstead) next door. She started teaching me to read before I was 4 (and making me drink Tang during my lessons, so I am dating myself). I could read before kindergarten. Obviously the rest of my intellect lagged way behind and is faltering daily
We’re right there with you buddy. This kid just turned five, but she is ready. One of the other kids picked it up super fast and was the source of arguments between me and the daycare staff as they had trouble with him sitting still, but also disallowed him to read during nap time (2 hours.) Regrettibly, I said **ahem** somewhat loudly **ahem** “DO YOU EVEN KNOW HE CAN READ, JUST GIVE HIM HIS BOOK, HE BRINGS IT WITH HIM... I’M NOT ASKING”

Deleted member 29342

We’re right there with you buddy. This kid just turned five, but she is ready. One of the other kids picked it up super fast and was the source of arguments between me and the daycare staff as they had trouble with him sitting still, but also disallowed him to read during nap time (2 hours.) Regrettibly, I said **ahem** somewhat loudly **ahem** “DO YOU EVEN KNOW HE CAN READ, JUST GIVE HIM HIS BOOK, HE BRINGS IT WITH HIM... I’M NOT ASKING”
These kids are different. My daughter will be 4 in March she can read spell write. When I was 4 I didn’t know where my feet where. My daughter can also locate a 10mm socket and she ride me on our jet ski. I’m afraid to give her the keys to the rubicon she might actually find a place to wheel it.

TheBigBadWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These kids are different. My daughter will be 4 in March she can read spell write. When I was 4 I didn’t know where my feet where. My daughter can also locate a 10mm socket and she ride me on our jet ski. I’m afraid to give her the keys to the rubicon she might actually find a place to wheel it.
Don’t even get me started on electronics too. My toddler might just know his way around a tablet better than I do!!

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
This is why I just slur most of the time .... well one of the reasons

48406596_10156734316953361_7465057265330946048_n.jpg
See 1920s poem http://ncf.idallen.com/english.html

Dearest creature in creation
Studying English pronunciation,
I will teach you in my verse
Sounds like corpse, corps, horse and worse.

I will keep you, Susy, busy,
Make your head with heat grow dizzy;
Tear in eye, your dress you'll tear;
Queer, fair seer, hear my prayer.

(It can teen ewes four quote a whale.)

Share you favorite quatrain!

Sponsored

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
Been doing a lot of guitar straps, some knife sheaths and tool holsters. Cases for my wife's knitting tools. This week is a case for my tablet. I bought a half of 7 oz bison last week, been playing with that. It's all flatwork, not doing any molding yet. Not doing any tooling, dont much care for it.
7 oz, that's an awfully small bison - zygote size. Not a lot of hide available on that lil guy :giggle:

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
So this happens 2 days ago..." Anybody else experience this?" And I need my TSB swapped out but they need it for a full day which I don't have......yet

The biggest issue now is how much gas do I have 🤣

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 6DBCB425-C677-4A41-8712-3D4A2E8B9C20_1_105_c
Try changing the channel ... :giggle:

TheDragonReborn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk’n Sport S Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Sheep Herder
Almost slipped on the oily ramp on several of those, lol.
You know you have hydraulic fluid if its leaking. When its not leaking then there is a problem. The things leaked like crazy. They were filthy when in country because the sand clung to all the hydraulic fluid.

Also I have fallen many times running in and out of the ramp to troubleshot launch problems for the pilots.
Sponsored