Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
My son was on the Curtis Wilbur stationed in Yokosuka JN. He used to talk about the CWIZ all the time. Said they were on patrol and a big bird got too close. Instant roast turkey. For you unaware, these weapons are fully automatic and controlled solely by computer system.
"... bird got too close", that's the official story? Yeah right! :giggle:

Sponsored

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
Bad things can happen when a 'heavy' pilot tries to fly a 'heavy' like a fighter.
Didn't see any visible structural failure ... payload shift, aerodynamic stall? Regardless, suuuuuuuuuks :crying:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Depends on weather and snow. Seems like roads begin closing around November 1st. That's between Telluride, Ouray and Silverton. Moab area I believe rolls year round.
Don't really want to be part of the mobs headed to the hills this weekend, but this poses a running out of time issue...

lol

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Didn't see any visible structural failure ... payload shift? Regardless, suuuuuuuuuks :crying:
wasn't any mechanic failure. he was too low/slow to do that maneuver. that heavy of a bird and you put those wings at that angle and they're not producing any lift. once the law of gravity was greater than 'thrust + lift' then it was all over at that altitude.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Don't really want to be part of the mobs headed to the hills this weekend, but this poses a running out of time issue...

lol

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Are you able to find good homes for the birds often?
Placed 30 so far this year, just shy of 1100 since 1997. Managing to stay ahead of intakes.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
@Mikeoso a guy that I used to know out in Arizona has an African Grey, but I have been worried about him and the bird. He's lost use of a large part of his legs at times and relied on his wife heavily. But I recently heard that she passed. And I really don't have any way of getting in touch with him. So I hope that you don't have a Grey that goes by the name of Derby.
Nope, not here. There are several good rescues in AZ...one in Cascabel, one in Tucson, one in Phoenix.