Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Ha all I can say is thank God for NCOs and SNCOs keeping me out of trouble - I have a speech I give at most military functions on what made my career successful. I give 90% of the credit to my first Platoon Guide (Corporal Jackson - this was in the late 70s so he was one of my more senior Marines - had a Staff Sgt for my Platoon Sgt but he wasn't the sharpest).

Anyway we were out at 29 Palms (live fire) and after several training events, Corporal Jackson came to me and said "Sir trust your Marines, they'll take care of you", boy did they ever. Words to live by - never failed me.
Yes, developing a good relationship with your officer is sometimes difficult. I had one Lt who thought he was Napoleon, and then lead us right into an ambush. This was shortly after I had offered an alternate course of action and he tried to shift the blame to me afterwords. :headbang:

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Maybe it’s time for a career change...;)
Oh, I've been trying to leave for awhile. I have had dozens of interviews, and phone interviews. Usually, I'm outschooled by the other interviewees. Also, a running theme around my region is companies know the available jobs are drastically outnumbered by people seeking employment, and use that to their advantage in pulling bait n switch job offerings. Four of my interviews in the past six months, have led to me finding out the locations that are advertised are not the locations you would actually be working in. Ford is famouse around these parts for such tactics. Another tactic used is stating that full-time options are available, but in actuality it takes years of working for them to be eligible for those options. Ups does that. Plus the number of full-time positions us EXTREMELY limited.
I'm just not willing to drive more than an hour each way, or deal with the same shady practices it worse, for the same money.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
love my 2 Guzzis. Fortunately we have a great Moto Guzzi dealer in Austin.
Awesome! I wound up getting another Yamaha at a good price instead of going to them and trying to justify getting a more expensive Indian. They are my dream bike but just not in the price range I was looking at.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Another running theme is, "the hours we advertise are attainable, but it's all based on seniority. Then finding out that it will take 3+ years to gain enough seniority to make those hours.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
oh! you must have the sport model.
and be fore warned there is no warranty or refunds.
lol, over the course of 14 years, she's occupied my resources yes. I'm accepting that I won't be able to get a refund, lol!

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Todd. Really not much to share. She is doing well and I'm comforted in knowing that they are taking really good care of her. That really reduces the stress level for me. Thankfully she still knows who I am and even remembers my name when asked by staff.

Next month will be the one year anniversary of her admittance into the facility.

Many thanks to all you dorks for always being here for me when I needed ya. This is a pretty awesome dysFUNctional family.
:clap:

Glad she's still doing well considering. We're always here to help as well!

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
My Rear View Camera view this morning...
c_oc=AQmho1fhldtsP9HlBCmQOE6ptJBIs9GkV4jlUBEeT58Mygsk9tDNgiARIXbRubXtQXI&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.jpg

My first thought was...Tarantula fangs...how cool!! Then I realized it was just ice. Oh yeah...and see all that behind me?? Yeah...I can too with my Improved Back Up Lights!!! Best Investment EVER!!!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, mom and dad said it was 36 degrees yesterday morning, I’m like, that’s our high on a good day...:CWL:
Oh yeah, I've got an Aunt and Uncle that live in Ft. Lauderdale. They taught me about Iguanas falling from the sky long before the weather channel did.