Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Good Morning everyone! I had to break down and wash the Jeep yesterday... the short bursts of rain were making the mud too splotchy...

ugh.

On the bright side, adjusting the steering wheel back to where its supposed to be is pretty easy. :rock:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting...So, when you go to replace your street tires with new ones, are you going to also replace your spare so you have fresh rubber when you need it? Or put it into the rotation when you replace your other tires?

See, in my mind, spare tires are the red headed step children (no offense to any red headed people...or step children...or even red headed step children out there) of the automotive world. You kind of forget they are there until you need them (that is a little harder to do with the Wranglers because it is RIGHT there...but still)...and then...you have to rely on a old tire to get you safely home...or to the repair shop. Personally, I would rather replace my spare with the other tires so it is fresh and ready to be used anywhere...anytime.
Yes, when I do get around to changing my tires I'm going to get a spare to match. The Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure is a pretty mild All Terrain and I plan on going with a more aggressive tire after these. I personally think its kind of silly, with a Wrangler, to have a mismatched spare. I see it all too often though.

Just this past Saturday there was a JKUR out with us in Uwharrie that had 4 KO2s and the Spare was a KM. Otherwise I really liked that Jeep.

G_0008.JPG?o=AtYWRDJkbbB_SSzsHKiXqCHKJ9aty333A6hfqUfRPRC5&v=1&z=https%3A%2F%2Fp35-content.icloud.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Yes, when I do get around to changing my tires I'm going to get a spare to match. The Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure is a pretty mild All Terrain and I plan on going with a more aggressive tire after these. I personally think its kind of silly, with a Wrangler, to have a mismatched spare. I see it all too often though.

Just this past Saturday there was a JKUR out with us in Uwharrie that had 4 KO2s and the Spare was a KM. Otherwise I really liked that Jeep.

G_0008.JPG?o=AtYWRDJkbbB_SSzsHKiXqCHKJ9aty333A6hfqUfRPRC5&v=1&z=https%3A%2F%2Fp35-content.icloud.jpg
I have seen a lot going without a spare entirely.

Makes sense as the off road tires are so beefy that a flat is less likely and the weight savings is significant. Not to mention departure angle and no more shaking spare... But I really don't want to be the guy with a ripped sidewall looking for someone to loan me their spare to get off the trail.

:asshat:

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have seen a lot going without a spare entirely.

Makes sense as the off road tires are so beefy that a flat is less likely and the weight savings is significant. Not to mention departure angle and no more shaking spare... But I really don't want to be the guy with a ripped sidewall looking for someone to loan me their spare to get off the trail.

:asshat:
Yeah... I don't think I'd risk that myself, lol. Now I did see a Jeep with a trektop that had the spare mounted over the slanted portion of the soft top. I think that was a pretty unique carrier. Might be a good Idea for you.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Mornin Jeep Peeps!
Afternoon John.

Now it's time to empty the BAMH and bring all that crap back into the house! wheeeeee

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, almost forgot. I checked on just how long I was gone. 48 days! Woot!

Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Mornin Jeep Peeps!
Afternoon John.

Now it's time to empty the BAMH and bring all that crap back into the house! wheeeeee
You are not going to know what to do with all that extra space and storage room in the house. BAMH is nice but cramped...compared to a real house. :)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, almost forgot. I checked on just how long I was gone. 48 days! Woot!
wow! A nice long trip to keep the travel bug happy!

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
Good morning Jeepers. Sorry but I won't have much time to be on the forum. My wife's cancer has turned more aggressive. She joked that she should have become an Oncologist rather than a OB/GYN.

Y'all have fun and I'll talk to you when I can. :like:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning Jeepers. Sorry but I won't have much time to be on the forum. My wife's cancer has turned more aggressive. She joked that she should have become an Oncologist rather than a OB/GYN.

This is upsetting news. I'll keep her in my prayers Kevin. I hope things turn our for the better for you two.

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer

Can't like this one...I wish there was more we could do. :swear: cancer.
Sponsored