Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I just need a bike for bike paths and some dirty bike paths, so well under 1K is plenty. Like a GT Aggressor is perfect, nothing spendy but not bottom barrel.
Sorry if this is already discussed...try your local bike shop. Great one near me and I got a Rockhopper 29 on sale because the shop carries Specialized (and Kona and something else). They always discount the previous year quite a bit too, although I bought mid season. Way under 1k and they've done at least 3 free services on it when I take it in. I expect to pay and they just say not to worry about it. If you find a shop you like, try to get it there.

You can get spendy in a hurry, but I was/am just starting out.
Sponsored

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Agreed. Enjoy!

Still think you should get the good brakes. We have a saying around here, "If the brakes don't stop you, something will."
My MTB isn't high end, but has good hydraulic disc brakes...DEFINITELY worth it on hills. Even riding to the park on streets (steep enough hills) gives me more confidence.

They also started running the cables in the frame the year after I bought mine...not a big deal, but would be nice the way my Thule rack holds the bike so it wouldn't be as fussy when I haul it.

But listen to Billy, he knows his stuff!

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
Sorry if this is already discussed...try your local bike shop. Great one near me and I got a Rockhopper 29 on sale because the shop carries Specialized (and Kona and something else). They always discount the previous year quite a bit too, although I bought mid season. Way under 1k and they've done at least 3 free services on it when I take it in. I expect to pay and they just say not to worry about it. If you find a shop you like, try to get it there.

No idea because I haven't looked, and its still coldish and I dont ride until 60 degrees at least. And I still need my cheat bike for now, being 250 and riding is hard lol

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Ed Zachary

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored