Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

LydiaSP613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Agreed! Had a random encounter with an ex brother in law today. (Not really on bad terms, just had never been close) He happened to be working outside my office building. I rolled up, saw him eyeing up the rig, I climbed out of Jrex, and as we pass each other he recognized me: “Hi” “hi” “that’s a gorgeous Jeep”. “Thanks. I know.” “I used to have a Tj, but it wasn’t as nice as that...” as he’s headed back to the worksite “i know. it’s awesome...” in the building I went
Yesssssss girl!!!
giphy.gif

Sponsored

Ajn13

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I had one hell of a time deciding on wheels !, I used this forum for votes , I used the guys at work for votes , I used the guys at the dealership for votes
But in the end I was the one who had to pull the trigger and the BR Warlords looked so close to the body color of the Rig it actuall scared the hell outta me cuz I didn't want that plain Jane appearance .....But really liked the rims cuz they looked beefy and I didnt see them anywhere so they were unique .

all that being said I pulled the trigger on everything and when I first saw her all shined up standing out in front of the dealership ...Those butterflies went away and I was truly in awe !!
Like ...Is this really My Rig ??? ....Am I about to drive off in the sexy bitch !!!

If your gut is in knots ....its probably a good thing
So did you get your wheels and tires through the dealer or just had them install for you? I’m going to be shopping around soon. Definitely going on the ko2 33’s but not sure of what I’m doing for wheels yet. I have a local tire place who has been great in the past, but I know nothing about offset etc and how to figure out what wheels will work with the tires. My brother keeps suggesting super $$$$ options and won’t talk to me about them till I cave and go with something that will stick out past he fenders. Don’t want the tires poking out all that much!

Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
So did you get your wheels and tires through the dealer or just had them install for you? I’m going to be shopping around soon. Definitely going on the ko2 33’s but not sure of what I’m doing for wheels yet. I have a local tire place who has been great in the past, but I know nothing about offset etc and how to figure out what wheels will work with the tires. My brother keeps suggesting super $$$$ options and won’t talk to me about them till I cave and go with something that will stick out past he fenders. Don’t want the tires poking out all that much!
I had the dealership take care of all of it so I could keep in the loan and warranty . The tires and Rims were the same price as I would have paid but the labor for the lift was more than the local shops ...still had them do it for warranty reasons

Tire and wheel shopping can be real easy or "we" can make it difficult what with all the selections out there . This is your baby so its your call in the end . It doesn't hurt to weigh out all the options and to know the difference of one tire to another ...same goes with selecting wheels . mud and snow tires are louder than others , some wheels are harder to keep clean .

Make a list of what you want first before even looking at prices
do you want to lift your jeep ?
do you want and mud & terrain tire ?
do you want a wheel that stands out or is subtle and blends in with the jeep ?

This should help with closing the window a bit so you can now make your selections based on what you want it to look like . I read reviews and asked as many questions as I could think of for tires and closed my window down to 3 . I then looked at 100 wheels I think and just started eliminating what I really didnt want which brought me down to 20 wheels that would work . ..........then I stepped away from my searches for a week or so and when I came back with a fresh mind I had my tire selected and I was down to 5 wheels but had one in the back of my mind that I really wanted ...then I asked many jeeples for a vote which then brought me down to 2 wheels left and one of them was the one I really wanted .

Modifying our jeeps gets personal I think so it takes time to sort through it all and feel good about your choices . Jeeps are meant to be modified and Tires that slightly stick out from fenders I think look better ...beefier ....aggressive ...like the off road vehicles that they are .

Take your time ....make a list ...step away if you get overwhelmed .
It's kinda exciting to go through it all and see what you've accomplished in the end .

wheeew ! I'm a bit chatty tonight !!