Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Yea I dont think I can get out of taking the wife lol.

My Dad said something about going to Outdoors in the Smokies too and at $40 for the Jeep and $20 per passenger I was hesitant but man just seems to be the price to wheel in Tennessee I guess.
Yeah it's a downside to the pregnancy - it's uncomfortable bouncing all over the trails all day. So she stays home and watches the dog this season it looks like.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I dont think I can get out of taking the wife lol.

My Dad said something about going to Outdoors in the Smokies too and at $40 for the Jeep and $20 per passenger I was hesitant but man just seems to be the price to wheel in Tennessee I guess.
We had fun at Nemo Tunnel the last time I was out at my brother's in Knoxville. Its worth checking out although its not overly technical wheeling in that area. Totally free.

Apparantly I was on three wheels, while disconnected, for a few seconds coming down that hill behind the Jeep and the Tahoe.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1685542284972

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
We had fun at Nemo Tunnel the last time I was out at my brother's in Knoxville. Its worth checking out although its not overly technical wheeling in that area. Totally free.

Apparantly I was on three wheels, while disconnected, for a few seconds coming down that hill behind the Jeep and the Tahoe.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1685542284972
Looks like a good time wonder if its open. Everything Im seeing about it is it closed in 22 after a group of morons went off trail and one of them got stuck on a track and derailed a train.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah it's a downside to the pregnancy - it's uncomfortable bouncing all over the trails all day. So she stays home and watches the dog this season it looks like.

Yea that doesnt sound like a good time until maybe shes ready to shake the baby out lol

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a good time wonder if its open. Everything Im seeing about it is it closed in 22 after a group of morons went off trail and one of them got stuck on a track and derailed a train.
Wait... Did they go into the active rail tunnel?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) wt

Sponsored

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait... Did they go into the active rail tunnel?

wtf.gif
https://www.utvdriver.com/utv-news/nemo-tunnel-tennessee-off-road-destination-closes/

After countless warnings and rules set in place, the driver of a 1967 GMC pickup drove the final nail into the coffin. On March 6th, 2022, the driver took a trip to Nemo Tunnel with a group of Jeeps and side-by-sides. The group ventured off the main trails and to a train track that was still active and decided to eat lunch under a connecting bridge. The GMC had been slower on the trails than the rest of the group, and thus had to catch up when everyone else was already at the lunch spot.

While trying to catch up, the driver took a wrong turn and found himself on the active train tracks. When he attempted to cross the tracks, the bump knocked his battery cable off and the truck died right on the track. Instead of putting the truck into neutral and letting it roll to a safe spot, he was set on repairing it and driving it off the track. Before he could even pop the hood, the lights of a train came peeking out of a tunnel across the bridge. The only thing he could do was watch as Norfolk Southern Manifest Freight Train 123 collided with the truck.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
So Ineos is bringing the Grenadier to the US Market...

I just did a build and price on it... $91,520 for an off road focused model with steelies... 280 Hp 3.0 inline six from BMW (detuned) and 14 MPG highway...

And they say "Watch out Jeep and Bronco"

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) wt

I'll take a V8 Land Cruiser (or lexus version) and get the better gas mileage... :giggle:

Hmm... .
Trail master is 79k, with snorkel, ladder, front and rear lockers and all the normal stuff.
If you want to add leather and rock sliders that takes it up to 82k.
Yes, it is possible to get it over 90k if you add a factory winch roof carrier and other stuff. There are lots and lots of factory options.

Considering it's a boutique manufacture, the price point is a lot better than I would expect it to be.
It's still 20k less than a G klasse professional though. Not that you can even get that in the US anymore though.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm... .
Trail master is 79k, with snorkel, ladder, front and rear lockers and all the normal stuff.
If you want to add leather and rock sliders that takes it up to 82k.
Yes, it is possible to get it over 90k if you add a factory winch roof carrier and other stuff. There are lots and lots of factory options.

Considering it's a boutique manufacture, the price point is a lot better than I would expect it to be.
It's still 20k less than a G klasse professional though. Not that you can even get that in the US anymore though.
Simple things like a white roof are $2500 but really add to the aesthetic of the classic Defender they're gunning for. But at 80k base price, plus 14 MPG there are much better options.

I mean come on, for a detuned six cylinder with a ZF 8 speed auto I'd really hope for better than TRX level fuel economy ratings...

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I trimmed it down a little for a base model and a few options. $85,805 and it went up to 15 MPG somehow. I like the styling of it, but I'd have to be really loaded down with cash to get one. lol.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1685545430680