Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I am working tomorrow, too. Chief of program wants to talk to me about leaving. She's a cool Jeeper and I have been off-road with her and others @ Rausch Creek. But, yeah, I have been busier than I expected today.
I guess its good that they don't want you to leave yet. I'd hate to turn in my notice and then they throw a party...
Sponsored

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
I suspect a "Thank God he's gone party" may happen later this week. :CWL: They asked if I wanted a party and I declined. Just want whatever they give for over 10 years on this program.

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW GSA, Harley RG, GC Summit Reserve, JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Work? What's that?
30 minutes to go today and then tomorrow. Yay!!!

HydroBlue22

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU, '17 Colorado, ''24 Explorer, '13 Mustang
Occupation
Retired Project Controls
So I finally got around to measuring
the distance I'll be hanging my hammock and it's about 13m (~42' & change). The hammock itself is 2.5m from loop to loop (~8.5').

Gonna try some different knots to see if I can make the nylon work. I had it for a bit yesterday, but the simple knots I was using kept slipping.
Use a Clove Hitch knot.

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Happy Tuesday all, hope you all had a good 3-dayer and had a chance to reflect on yesterday's holiday.

Inspirational thought for the day:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Confucious

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
I'm going to add Boone, NC to that list as well.
Ha, I think (and not to make this too political) you see them where (snow country) any outstanding 4 wheel/AWD drive vehicle would be the vehicle of choice (i.e. Jeep, truck, SUV), however most "environmentalists, etc" can not bring themselves to own what they consider a less than environmental friendly vehicle. Subaru's do very well in snow, etc and of the 4 wheel/AWD vehicles has probably the lower or lowest environmental impact so a good alternative to keep from feeling guilty:). They are also very well built and great vehicles, again just from observations and IMO.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So I got this for "Free" off of Game Pass over the weekend. I've already got Lines running from Durham to Wilmington to Charleston to Augusta built with these little Grasshoppers running in between. I've got some research to do before I can upgrade them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1685470555634

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Smoked a couple racks of ribs yesterday along with a pot of beans. Went to the Memorial Service here in town yesterday also.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Resized_20230529_144153

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Resized_20230529_144153
I have a cast iron dutch oven. The top doubles as a frying pan, but I had not used it as such until yesterday. It was my first time cooking steaks on a cast iron pan... I won't ever (apart from charcoal) cook them on anything else now! I should have taken pictures as they were perfect, even though I accidentally went to medium well instead of medium.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, I think (and not to make this too political) you see them where (snow country) any outstanding 4 wheel/AWD drive vehicle would be the vehicle of choice (i.e. Jeep, truck, SUV), however most "environmentalists, etc" can not bring themselves to own what they consider a less than environmental friendly vehicle. Subaru's do very well in snow, etc and of the 4 wheel/AWD vehicles has probably the lower or lowest environmental impact so a good alternative to keep from feeling guilty:). They are also very well built and great vehicles, again just from observations and IMO.
I believe you've hit the nail on the head! I think its even at the point where Subarus will not be replaced by the new Toyota Hybrids with AWD. lol

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Perhaps because my Subaru also had dedicated snow tires, or because it's AWD system just rocks, I still say the Subaru was better in snow than my Jeep.

At least in 6" or less and especially on icy main roads. 🤷‍♂️

It never occurred to me that it was an environmentally friendly vehicle though. 🤔🤷‍♂️

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It never occurred to me that it was an environmentally friendly vehicle though. 🤔🤷‍♂️
The one with the giant turbo, maybe not...

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Smoked a couple racks of ribs yesterday along with a pot of beans. Went to the Memorial Service here in town yesterday also.

I smoked a rack of baby backs yesterday as well on my Kamado Joe. I love that thing! Bit of a learning curve to get good command of temperature but once you get that figured out, you can cook anything on it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1685475205563
Sponsored