Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

When everyone uses the zipper merge, both lanes fill up. There ends up being no speed differential as a result. Orderly merging at the zipper point happens by default.
Only in perfect conditions where every vehicle has adequate spacing and offset and same speed. Never going to happen.
Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
I hear ya, and I do take whiskey when backpacking. However, there is almost nothing better than the first sip of an ice cold beer when you’re firing up the stove to cook dinner in camp. Five seconds of heaven.
Shit, if she wants 5 seconds in heaven she about to have to get in line twice!

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Yeah. The Honda was our first new vehicle, but since it was only 24K the tax wasn't too bad on it. The Jeep at 42K felt like the state was gonna send someone to break my legs over... :surprised:
I always liked buying cars in NC when I was stationed there and still a resident of FL - only had to pay sales tax portion which was 3% if memory serves me. Then wait until tags are due and switch to FL (no sales tax due once the vehicle sale is over six months). Only good while on active duty so now I get to pay the full 7.5% in FL, you'd think they'd give us dedicated retirees a break:)..

Sponsored

AFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara Punk’n, 2005 TJ Rubicon Silver
Yawl believe my wife has put up with my shit for 24 years :whatsgoingon: (Well 27 but 24 on paper)
‘Happy Anniversary!

Reminds me of a joke from a comedian I saw once…
”Tomorrow is my anniversary”. Audience cheers!
”Two years happily married!” Audience cheers again.
”The other 18 years have been pure hell!!”

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
well. it looks like the day is over for me. been out this morning. sold the tires for $400. trying to sell off a few other things that the guy is interesting in. gone grocery shopping. renewed the xm radio, which went pretty damn smooth. called and told xm that my contract is up and want to negotiate the price. the xm guy said "i can sign up the same price and plan that you have now". i said good enough for me and paid it. now its back to tire shopping.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Only in perfect conditions where every vehicle has adequate spacing and offset and same speed. Never going to happen.
Yeah, that would be an ideal world. People should take turns at the zipper point and make room for each other.

But we live in a world where people can't figure out 4 way stops so I don't expect people to be able to handle zipper merge. And then the whole "screw everyone else, let me through" mentality will make it even harder.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Yeah, that would be an ideal world. People should take turns at the zipper point and make room for each other.

But we live in a world where people can't figure out 4 way stops so I don't expect people to be able to handle zipper merge. And then the whole "screw everyone else, let me through" mentality will make it even harder.
in the town i work in, everyone blows thru the 4 way stops. yeah its that bad around here.

Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Would be more than happy to do away with lawns.
I think I read something last year that Colorado (or maybe just Denver county) pays people to transform there lawns into rock lawns.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
in the town i work in, everyone blows thru the 4 way stops. yeah its that bad around here.
I pulled up last to a 4 way stop once. The other 3 people were just sitting there waving each other through. I waited for a bit. Nobody moved. So I gave up and went.

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
I think I read something last year that Colorado (or maybe just Denver county) pays people to transform there lawns into rock lawns.
That sounds more like an Arizona thing...

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Sign me up!

😂

I'd zero scape, but the wife hates the rock. We have over 60% rock already because that's what the city (Golden) required.
Sponsored