Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I may have to stop in one day when we head down to Cocoa to see the parents.
They have a free tour, you can easily get 10+ shots if you can handle them. We take the free tour, buy our bottles, then get something to eat in the restaurant upstairs. We just bought 13 bottle there a couple weeks ago.
Sponsored

AFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara Punk’n, 2005 TJ Rubicon Silver
@Remorseless or anyone.

after doing a long search for tires, i've only manager to find a load rage E for the 245/75/17 all terrain tires. i would do the nittos but they are the heaviest and high priced tires. so i'm bouncing between the bfg a/t ko2 or wildpeak at3w. the wildpeak is the cheapest and weights in at 40# available from q-tec. the bfg are 49# and a bit more $$ but not in stock.

so with the load ragnge of E. how much harder is the jl going to ride at 35/6 psi. tbh i keep forgetting to check the stockers i have now for the load range. i'll check tomorrow. i may call q-tec to see when the bfg would be available and ship or just go with the wildpeak. i'm trying to work this out so when my mechanic do the ball joints, he can mount up the tires as well. which i'm looking in june to get everything done including the inspection.

before you guys roast me with sticking with the stock size tires. i know. i know. i would love to move up in size but, i have to keep in mind that the jl is the only reliable vehicle and have to take my mother to place when needed. also, i may pick up another jl/jlu or maybe a jt to have. anyway....
I’m very happy with the General Grabber A/T tires I have on my TJ. i don’t remember what size you’re looking for but these are 35x12.5x18. Pretty sure they were 2nd best rated in the size I needed when I was researching but were cheaper than the top rated tires and that’s why I decided on them. I don’t do a whole lot of wheeling and these are pretty good on pavement.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) tempImageWq1OLw

No surprise the forecast was wrong. Supposed to be low 52F tonight, and below 60F shortly after sunset. Currently 68F at sunset+4hr. :crying: I told myself to try to stick to fans to save money but I don't yet know if I'll last 5dy above 80F with no overnight cooling.
Part of why I sleep in a hammock. Much better airflow. Just need one fan to keep cool when it's in the 80s in my room.

Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) tempImageWq1OLw

No surprise the forecast was wrong. Supposed to be low 52F tonight, and below 60F shortly after sunset. Currently 68F at sunset+4hr. :crying: I told myself to try to stick to fans to save money but I don't yet know if I'll last 5dy above 80F with no overnight cooling.
ACACAC

Sponsored

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Coil packs, and new spark plugs for trigger are (FINALLY) ordered.
Also noticed that most of the fuses, and relays were loose in Chugaboom. Dad, and I can't figure it out how that happened.
The shimmy has also gotten worse, so it's not a flat spot in one of the tires. Gotta get it to Chris' work, and up on a lift to check everything out.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT