Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
There are a lot of options for that price.

when returned from running the rubicon trail to Michigan, there very next day, my wife says, you need to take me to Romeo Michigan, I got something’s I want to look at. She does this often. I reluctantly start driving here there. Did not really want to go as I had just finished about 16 days of camping and wheeling with a hard push back to Michigan from California. But here I am doing the hour plus drive.

I get her to Romeo and she has me turn into America Most Wanted 4x4. She wants to drive a hemispheric powered JL on one tons with a Hemi. They give her the keys to this.

1678798539700.png

She drove this for about a half hour while they did a quote to put a 392 in our jeep with one tons, coil overs, 40s and hydro steer. The quote was just over $65,000. Driving the Hell cat JLUR is not overrated. It was spectacular.

Driving home discussing it, I was like hey more the same money, we could have a new C8 corvette in the garage and leave our already nice JLUR the way it is. She literally said fuck that Corvette, we need a Hemi and one tons. I do love that girl.

I had to be the reasonable one and say, we are not tossing them the keys.
ur wife lost cool points over the corvette comment lol

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
You know, it's always rough getting back into the swing of things after a vacation, but this one just seems worse. First off, coming from ~80 F temps all last week and coming home to three straight days of snow sucks.

Second, our vacation time was in the Central time zone. And we got home in the Eastern time zone right as daylight savings started. So we jumped 2 hours, and when the alarm clock went off at 5:00, it was 3:00 according to my internal clock.

Not to mention the cost of getting our two dogs and a cat out of boarding...damn. I had to chuckle, though, when the lady bringing them out said there were a couple mornings she thought our old Shih Tzu had passed, because she was sleeping so soundly. That's pretty much a daily thing any more with her.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1678800415681

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
My wife thought they were ripping me off when they sold my Ram for almost double what they offered in trade. lol.

This is also why I feel no guilt for all of the other jeeps I've test driven without buying and taking up the sales staff's time... :bandit:
My problem there is then I have to talk to the sales staff, that knows almost nothing about the vehicle I am driving, and I inevitably will have to correct them because they are wrong about some bs they are trying to feed me at some point in the drive.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
My problem there is then I have to talk to the sales staff, that knows almost nothing about the vehicle I am driving, and I inevitably will have to correct them because they are wrong about some bs they are trying to feed me at some point in the drive.
I'm glad my dealer doesn't make the sales staff give you any "Keywords and talking points" They just give you the keys...

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
I'm glad my dealer doesn't make the sales staff give you any "Keywords and talking points" They just give you the keys...
I will say I have walked away from several vehicles I was thinking about purchasing because of the idiots sales staff. If they would have just tossed me the keys and fucked off, they might've got a sale that day.

Sponsored

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
My wife thought they were ripping me off when they sold my Ram for almost double what they offered in trade. lol.
I left my Kia in MD/metro DC figuring I had more options to get a better price than down here in BFE. Heading back up as soon as my replacement 🙄 title shows up.

(hate being at the mercy of the DMV)

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) dmv hopeless

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
I will say I have walked away from several vehicles I was thinking about purchasing because of the idiots sales staff. If they would have just tossed me the keys and fucked off, they might've got a sale that day.
I really don't get why it's acceptable for dealerships to hire sales folks that don't know shit about the vehicles they're selling, or vehicles at all for that matter. Though I do suppose they also hire mechanics who don't know shit about vehicles, so there is that too.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
When I was driving down to Reno on Saturday to look at the one fiddy Rattler, I swung through the local Ford store's lot to see what they had. A young salesman came out to talk to me and I asked him if they were getting any Rattler packages in. His reply "never heard of it."

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Damn near miss meeting going on for over an hour now
Had a piece of a door fall off on my last night shift and almost hit me. Heavy bastard, luckily missed me would’ve caused some serious hurt
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 5BC626B6-10E2-49B2-81EE-D6D126078002
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 4A6899FD-F4C5-4AE4-BF4B-2532D61CC7DA

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
ur wife lost cool points over the corvette comment lol
Jump forward two years, could not find a C8 that was not 30 or 40 grand over MSRP, so we ended up with this for a touring car for when we are not Jeep traveling.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 68E12A0E-E704-4DE3-A5AC-B5DA58E46781
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) A53B3FC0-EC3F-479F-AF51-00BEF6CB52C3

She had them pull it out of the showroom for the test drive. She left the dealership parking lot on the rev limiter and the traction control kicking in as they watched her leave on a test drive. I was like you are aware this has eight miles on it…right? She is notorious for driving fast and near the limit. She is a full send it kind of girl. I even questioned myself if we should buy such a car with a 6.2 liter V8.

when I say full send it, think like has jumped our JLUR five feet in the air and almost flipped it over backwards twice. Her motorcycle was a Zx10 ninja and she would ride it at speeds in excess of 160. She will still tent camp for days on end and climb mountains. As a woman she has coolness points to spare.
Sponsored