Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Mornin' Gang, got a "fun" day ahead at the PO, have to have a ride-along, so they put a jump seat in the back of the postal van. Not a problem back in the pre-Amazon days but now having to make 150 pkgs fit around a stooge will be a total PITA. And I have to follow every stupid postal rule today too~get this~
Have to curb our tires every time the vehicle is parked and the e-brake applied. I have one street that has 50 off-curb boxes (ones that are on the other side of a sidewalk so you can't just reach out and put in the box), so I have to do this stupidity every 40 feet for about a half mile. And every time we have a door pkg delivery you are to take your shoulder satchel w/ you in case a dog comes out of the blue and you can put the satchel between you and the attacking dog.

I've been doing this shit for 33 years now and never needed a satchel to save me from a dog, I'd much rather just have my spray or the newer blast horn (which does work damn well). I wish I had a video clip of some poor mailman trying to carry a 75 lb box of canned food while carring that shoulder bag, just a joke. Oh well /rant :(

FML (lol)
Sponsored

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager

Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I've been sick on just about every kind of booze, but I somehow don't have that kind of reaction to any of them.

I do, however, have to be extra cautious with tequila and rarely drink it anymore, but not due to some physical aversion to it. For some reason, the effects of tequila don't seem to hit me until after I stop. And then it hits all at once. Don't ask me how many times it took before I realized this, because I'm not sure. I can tell you that the event where it finally registered was when a friend showed up at our party with a fifth of tequila, lemons, and a salt shaker asking who was going to do snakebites with her. I was the only taker. I felt perfectly sober the whole time, until the bottle was gone and I stood up. Yeah, that was a rough night.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
Mornin' Gang, got a "fun" day ahead at the PO, have to have a ride-along, so they put a jump seat in the back of the postal van. Not a problem back in the pre-Amazon days but now having to make 150 pkgs fit around a stooge will be a total PITA. And I have to follow every stupid postal rule today too~get this~
Have to curb our tires every time the vehicle is parked and the e-brake applied. I have one street that has 50 off-curb boxes (ones that are on the other side of a sidewalk so you can't just reach out and put in the box), so I have to do this stupidity every 40 feet for about a half mile. And every time we have a door pkg delivery you are to take your shoulder satchel w/ you in case a dog comes out of the blue and you can put the satchel between you and the attacking dog.

I've been doing this shit for 33 years now and never needed a satchel to save me from a dog, I'd much rather just have my spray or the newer blast horn (which does work damn well). I wish I had a video clip of some poor mailman trying to carry a 75 lb box of canned food while carring that shoulder bag, just a joke. Oh well /rant :(

FML (lol)
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Screenshot_20230127_100406_Firefox

Sponsored

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
Was discussing some "issues" at work with dad, and may, or may not have inadvertently taught the pipsqueak the word, "twatwaffles"...
Whoops.
Pipsqueaks are sponges!!! But that is FUNNY!!!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Was discussing some "issues" at work with dad, and may, or may not have inadvertently taught the pipsqueak the word, "twatwaffles"...
Whoops.
lol, hopefully to be forgotten soon!