Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Thoughts on 45 colt vs 357 mag? I'm leaning towards 45 as that's what the new 1892 is chambered in. And, well, I snatched up all the .45 lc ammo the local shop had the other day.
If you can find an old Vaquero then go with the 45, not sure on the Uberti's
Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Thoughts on 45 colt vs 357 mag? I'm leaning towards 45 as that's what the new 1892 is chambered in. And, well, I snatched up all the .45 lc ammo the local shop had the other day.
I prefer 357 for the ability to shoot .38, but mainly because the wife's Henry Model X (really fun, not old school at all, but shooting light .38 loads suppressed is a HOOT!) is .357/.38 and I like round commonality.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
If you can find an old Vaquero then go with the 45, not sure on the Uberti's
Yeah, I've been researching the differences. I guess the "new Vaquero" is closer in size to an actual SAA and therefore can share holsters and other accoutrement. But you have to be careful what loads (especially the hand variety) you shoot out of them as they have less steel in the cylinders.

I think I read, too, that shooting any handload will void the warranty.

Honestly tho, I'm leaning towards a new.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
It's a bit of a toss up because of the varying elevation where I live. Especially in town. Down below in most of the city, it's fine, but if you live in a couple of certain neighbourhoods/suburbs in town. A good example is boy toy lives down low, and the streets are mostly dry, and most of the ice & snow has melted. However, I went to visit my sister the other day, and there was still plenty of snow up where she lived....... I mean, the sensible thing would be to to get the winter tires, but buying two sets so close to each other is gonna be painful....... 😣😖😓
Yeah, That's what really sucks. It still snows in March here on rare occasions, so I would guess it would still be pretty deep in some parts up there.

Hopefully not icy on the roads...

But I've really liked my Pirelli Scorpions in the snow so far.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
The crack hasn't spread yet.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_7026.JPEG

A bit surprised at how many pits I got from it though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_7021.JPEG

Pulled the spare tire back off to get a few more tanks full on "light mode."

I will say the weight adds to the comfort. The rear is really light, even with the hard top on. Enjoying the extra pep though.

Wonder what it would be like on 33's? 🤔

Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Or you're not as really as trollish as you want us to think, and you look like a Young Irene Bedard.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1673450260700-
Man, I could only dream of ever looking like her..... So gorgeous. Loved her ever since I first saw her in Smoke Signals for the first time when I was a kid. She is just *chefs kiss*. Honestly, to me, she has just aged like fine wine over the years as well.

Yeah, That's what really sucks. It still snows in March here on rare occasions, so I would guess it would still be pretty deep in some parts up there.

Hopefully not icy on the roads...

But I've really liked my Pirelli Scorpions in the snow so far.
I was talking to my dad about this, and he suggested for an extra month, I keep my little Mazda and drive that through any winter conditions I may or may not encounter, and just save the jeep for dry clear roads...... The look I gave him where I ask him "so, for a whole month, I'm supposed to have my jeep and just not drive it!?!?" ...... Plus paying for the extra insurance.... Bah humbug. I love my little DJ, she's done so much for me, and she's gotten me through a lot of tough situations & road conditions (many people are amazed at how good a front wheel drive with a MT & a capable driver can handle some dicy situations), but I'm ready to move onto BeeBee when the time comes!
Are you gonna get those repaired/glued before they have a chance to spread? Save the windshield a bit longer?

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I may or may not have most your boxes checked off. Hope you've been well Mark.
Dave, if I was any better I would need to be twins. But I am not buying any more firearms until we get out of the Peoples Republic of California. I hope that all is well with you and your family

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I prefer 357 for the ability to shoot .38, but mainly because the wife's Henry Model X (really fun, not old school at all, but shooting light .38 loads suppressed is a HOOT!) is .357/.38 and I like round commonality.
I'm thinking either will work as I'm fairly certain I'll end up with *something* chambered in 357 at some point.

Aamof, I would be the proud owner of a Henry Big Boy in 357 a week or two ago had not someone else beaten me to the CC machine.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey

A bit surprised at how many pits I got from it though.

Pulled the spare tire back off to get a few more tanks full on "light mode."

I will say the weight adds to the comfort. The rear is really light, even with the hard top on. Enjoying the extra pep though.

Wonder what it would be like on 33's? 🤔
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) DrEvilShit

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Loved her ever since I first saw her in Smoke Signals for the first time when I was a kid.
Smoke Signals is an awesome movie. I'm going to have "Hey Victor!" running through my head all day now...

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
I'm thinking either will work as I'm fairly certain I'll end up with *something* chambered in 357 at some point.

Aamof, I would be the proud owner of a Henry Big Boy in 357 a week or two ago had not someone else beaten me to the CC machine.
So what I'm hearing is a Vaquero in both calibers and a Henry in both calibers lol

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Why Not Both

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
Might take a look at the Blackhawk line too. Wife has a convertible Ruger Blackhawk. Has a cylinder for 9mm and a cylinder for .38/.357. Really fun little single action!
Was looking at them the other day. I like the classic look of the Vaquero (SAA replica, but with modern safety features). See prior post about "Gateway toy". :LOL:

I'm also considering the Uberti/Taylor's and co. SAA replicas.
From my dad's collection.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1673452166979

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was talking to my dad about this, and he suggested for an extra month, I keep my little Mazda and drive that through any winter conditions I may or may not encounter, and just save the jeep for dry clear roads...... The look I gave him where I ask him "so, for a whole month, I'm supposed to have my jeep and just not drive it!?!?" ...... Plus paying for the extra insurance.... Bah humbug. I love my little DJ, she's done so much for me, and she's gotten me through a lot of tough situations & road conditions, but I'm ready to move onto BeeBee when the time comes!
The Keys will be burning a hole through your pocket to be used! lol

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Smoke Signals is an awesome movie. I'm going to have "Hey Victor!" running through my head all day now...

On of my favourite movies growing up as a kid to watch. Absolutely loved it, and still do. Think I'll have to do some "indoctrination" with the boy toy soon and make him watch it with me....... 🤔🤔
The Keys will be burning a hole through your pocket to be used! lol
Exactly what I was thinking.... The look of horror I'm sure I had on my face at the thought!
Sponsored