Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
‘Morning, Everyone, hope all is well out there!

Not much to report today, first day of ‘Whale Watching’ cruises for the next 3 months, Oy! Lots of boat time in my near future… could be worse things, I guess.

Cheers,
-CM-

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1672077392551

Last edited:

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
‘Morning, Everyone, hope all is well out there!

Not much to report today, first day of ‘Whale Watching’ cruises for the next 3 months, Oy! Lots of boat time in my near future… could be worse things, I guess

Cheers,
-CM-

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1672077392551
Which island(s) do you work the whale watchers from? Got some fam heading to Maui week of the 9th. They don't seem like boat peeps, but ya never know, as they DO strike me as whale gawker types :camera:

Sponsored

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Which island(s) do you work the whale watchers from? Got some fam heading to Maui week of the 9th. They don't seem like boat peeps, but ya never know, as they DO strike me as whale gawker types :camera:
The whales are pretty much off of Maui for the season, but in order to get there, they come down the channel between Oahu and Maui. So both islands run Whale Watch cruises during the timeframe. Most of the bigger boats and/or catamarans are going to be pretty stable, so I’d stick with those if they’re afraid of losing their lunch over the side :LOL: . (Then it becomes a shark Watch trip, haha. :surprised:

I’ll ask around tonight for recommendations for Maui trips/operators and let you know.

Cheers,
-CM-

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Stream of consciousness post ahead, my brain is a bit foggy. TL;DR : I need to do some shopping for recovery gear.

IF I am going to tag along in the spring, I suppose I'll need to get some recovery gear sooner than later. I'l probably aim for a 10,000lbs winch, can anyone tell me which one to buy so I can skip alll the research on which winch to buy (I've decided to go with synthetic) because of whatever features I don't know exist for winches? After that I'll need a couple snatch blocks, tree savers, and I'll consider the d-ring adaptors you can get for the OEM steel bumper, as I'm not the biggest fan of the tow hooks.

Honestly, if anyone wants to just give me a shopping list of what gear they use, I'll probably just copy that.... 🙈🙈

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Well, my bold prediction that Hackett wouldn't survive the season came true.
I don't think that I ever have seen a pro team play more pathetically than Denver did yesterday and since I have spent a lifetime watching the Bears play, that is saying a lot

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I don't think that I ever have seen a pro team play more pathetically than Denver did yesterday and since I have spent a lifetime watching the Bears play, that is saying a lot
Yeah, I was over at the inlaws (sort of) and we were watching it. Very boring and yes, pathetic!

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Yeah, I was thinking after I my ealier post "they should've fired Wilson, too, prolly"

But, ya know, 'spensive! No refunds on that return, or at least, a really high restocking fee!

Also of note, Hackett looks like Elmer Fudd in that cartoon. :giggle:

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
Yeah, I was thinking after I my ealier post "they should've fired Wilson, too, prolly"

But, ya know, 'spensive! No refunds on that return, or at least, a really high restocking fee!

Also of note, Hackett looks like Elmer Fudd in that cartoon. :giggle:
Yep. Rupert Fudd, the extra bumbling cousin to Elmer :mad:
Sponsored