Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
I've noticed my dealer tends to get Jeeps in batches. One time they got a bunch of black 2 door Sports all at once. Then another time they got a bunch of RHDs with cold weather packages. My Jeep came from a batch of Silver Saharas...

Maybe those Mojaves are all from one batch, lol.
It all comes down to dealer allotment I think? They don't get to order their stock, or pick what inventory gets sent to them, which is probably why my dealership hasn't ever seen any Reign JLs at all. They just got their first Earl JLR a couple weeks ago, and I am fairly certain it's the first Earl that's been around locally. Haven't seen anyone else around here driving one yet....
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I've noticed my dealer tends to get Jeeps in batches. One time they got a bunch of black 2 door Sports all at once. Then another time they got a bunch of RHDs with cold weather packages. My Jeep came from a batch of Silver Saharas...

I really came close to trading for a Nacho Mojave to be honest. 🤷‍♂️

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Tough call I bet. As much as I like all of these newer models, I just don't feel like they're different enough to really make me trade in.

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey

yea, Mine too it seems, right now they have 15 or so 4xes(rubucon and willys) 1 or 2 2 door willys, and maybe a few JLU sports in black

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I think some of you are looking into solar generation, so here are some real world numbers.

I'm in Iowa and it's been a cloudier than normal year. I have an array of 17 panels, no batteries. For the year to date they averaged about 600 kwh per panel, total 1.2 mwh for the array. At local prices, that saved me $1,600. My cost installed was $12,000. So, payback looks like maybe 7.5 years. Warranty is 10 years. Zero issues of maintainence or anything, other than dragging the snow off a few times.
If your rates are increased as often as they are here in CA, the ROI maybe quicker than you have calculated

Sponsored

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
I thought about trading for a Sarge Mojave, that green and orange looks so much better than the red of a rubicon, but I don't really gain much wheeling wise. 2:72:1 transfer case with 4.10s(would need re-geared anyway), D44 up front, rear locker shocks for going fast over things

But it looked damn good.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Tough call I bet. As much as I like all of these newer models, I just don't feel like they're different enough to really make me trade in.
This.

To be sure, there isn't enough there to sway me. If it had a V8 for the same price, that might have been SOMETHING. As it is, they use the same motor I already have. Meh

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
If your rates are increased as often as they are here in CA, the ROI maybe quicker than you have calculated
Could be. Ours havent gone up in at least five years. We pay .08 per kwh off peak and .16 on peak, which is 4 pm to midnight.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
This.

To be sure, there isn't enough there to sway me. If it had a V8 for the same price, that might have been SOMETHING. As it is, they use the same motor I already have. Meh
A 392 Rubicon without the disproportionate price hike would have gotten me to trade! lol An unfortunate side effect of CAFE.

Maybe a 3.0 Hurricane Rubicon would have a better price?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
A 392 Rubicon without the disproportionate price hike would have gotten me to trade! lol An unfortunate side effect of CAFE.

Maybe a 3.0 Hurricane Rubicon would have a better price?
I seriously doubt it.

I thought I was getting gouged when I bought mine, but looking at the prices now it's only getting worse.

Sponsored

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
I seriously doubt it.

I thought I was getting gouged when I bought mine, but looking at the prices now it's only getting worse.
It is getting real bad, a 2 door willys auto, otherwise similarly optioned as mine is over 4k more than my JLU.

Last edited:

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
It is getting real bad, a 2 door willys similarly optioned as mine is over 4k more than my JLU.
I just built my Jeep on their website and the same Jeep is + $5200
An automatic with etorque(only 3.6 option I can select) with the same options is + $9800
Automatic with 2.0L Turbo with same options is + $7200
It says the engines are $0 and transmission is $2000 but it clearly adds much more than that.
I am guessing they are not showing the cost of the etorque battery

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I'm off to the garage to see if I can get the toe a bit better and then run a few bridges to see if that helps tighten things up.

So happens the bridge will take me to Red Rocks where me and the pup will get in a bit more exercise.

Catch y'all later 🍻