Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
time for some foosball.
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Sad that the tent turns your Jeep into a minivan....
Like 30 years ago, My wife rand a Jeep over with a mini van.....kind of. It was a 4cyl dodge mini van with 260,000 miles on it. She came into the house and said, "There is something wrong with the van, I wont back out of the garage. I go out to look at the van, and she has the Jeep power wheels wedged between the garage door entrance and the wall and she was trying to back out. The van was only capable of ripping the Powerwheels Jeep in half and did not have enough oomph to finish it off. I had her pull forward and removed the Jeep so she could leave.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I have a Mini-30, of which I've only shot maybe 150 rounds through. I'm curious what you did or didn't like about the -14.
So the mimi -14 was what the Prison bought for gun towers. I have qualified hundreds of employees with it over the years. The gun did not fit me well and I found it to be clunky. The gun is loose fitting and does not group well. Very rarely would anyone shoot an inch group at a hundred yards and it was usually more like a four inch group while shooting from a bench.

The department specifically went with them because of a lawsuit that they lost. We used to have Remington 700 with the heavy target barrels with a scope. At that time the use of force policy was shoot to disable. A prisoner escaped and the officer on the gun tower shot him at 300 yards in the head killing him. That same officer had also scored a 100% during rifle qualifications for years and years. The prisoner was on a dead ass run across the field running diagonal from the officer that took the shot. The shot was a lucky hit as anyone that knows how to shoot, knows that a head shoot at 300 yards on someone running with out a true yardage measurement is truly a luck shot.

The department then moved to the mini-14 with just iron sights and then made alll the range qualifications a pass or fail with no score entered for an employee only that they passed or failed. A passing score was 70%. The use of force policy was also changed from shoot to disable to shoot to stop.

The lawyer called this a sniper gun. The rifle was chambered in .223. They did shoot great. I bought nine of them from surplus when the department sold them for $200 a piece. Put one add in the local classified and sold them for $600 to $700 each. I was able to take my pick of over 400 rifles at the time. I still have one and it is a great shooter and I will never sell it and one day, one of my son's will get the gun.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1671389532977

So I don't think it is a horrible gun, I just think for the money, there are better guns. You can find many AR type guns for the same price or close to the same price and they will typically out perform the mini-14.

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
I have a Mini-30, of which I've only shot maybe 150 rounds through. I'm curious what you did or didn't like about the -14.
My three boys, 10/22, Mini14, and Mini30 (aka Ranch Rifle)

IMG_0791.jpg

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Mornin Jeeple

Yesterday was out Xmas white elephant party for my Military Motorcycle Club. Once it was all settled I had gotten rid of Shania Payne (blow up doll that I got last year) and ended up with this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_0791

I'm totally wearing that on every club ride I can, lol!
Wear it with “pride” 😂

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I already own several (Handicapped/Cali legal) ARs. I wanted the Mini 14 for quite a few reasons including just "I've always wanted one", history (resemblance to other mid-20th century military firearms), California politics etc.

They've also been improved over the years, so the 580 series isn't your grandpas Mini 14.

As with Jeep parts sometimes, the "want" overrules the "need" or the "best" attributes.

The lever action will come in the not-too-distant future, too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Yup! Already seent it. That's what I'm planning on walking out with (it's even in stock at the local store.) Tho, it might be better to get something that can stand up to some heavier ammo. But at $16 it'll work.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1671399095026
Sponsored