Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I got the first one with the GFY branding. Then when I saw his chaos pattern I ordered another. And again, when he offered the coasters, I jumped on that too. GFY.
Proud to say I have the prototype even though he was bummed it came out smaller than he anticipated. Each of my three sons have an example of his handiwork. My brother has a “production version” of the chaos board. Sad to know they are limited editions now. 🙁
Gregj

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Know Sean has an interest in WWII Battleships along with others. Below is a small part of a larger right up and was focused on the administrative (paperwork/drawings/cost) along with the time/manpower to build one. Found it interesting since mostly you read about capabilities:

Each of the United States Navy’s four Iowa-class battleships, which were constructed between 1940 and 1944, cost around $100 million per ship – or more than $1.65 billion in today’s money. That practically seems like a bargain, as the Pentagon could receive nearly ten battleships for the cost of CVN-78!
It should also be noted that all four of those warships were designed, built, and sent into action in less time than the carrier has spent preparing for her maiden deployment since being launched.

However, it was a Herculean effort – which certainly explains why each ship had such a high price tag, higher than any other warship built to that point. In total, it took 3,432,000 man-hours – more than 206 years of draftsman hours – to complete the final design. The total completed plans reportedly weighed 175 tons, 30 inches in width, and are 1,100 miles long when laid out. Work on what was to become the 45,000-ton Iowa-class “fast battleship” began in early 1938 under the direction of Adm. Thomas C. Hart, head of the General Board, which followed the Battleship Design Advisory Board’s recommendation. At 860 feet long, the length of almost three football fields, the Iowa-class was 200 feet longer than the previous South Dakota-class. That allowed for additional space to be devoted to the ship’s engine, enabling the new class to be truly fast, reaching a top speed of 32.5 knots, which enabled the battle wagons to protect the U.S. fast carriers. It took approximately two years, and eight months to build each of the four completed Iowa-class battleships. And while some 2,800 men would serve on each of the warships during in World War II, tens of thousands of men and women worked in shifts around the clocks at each of the U.S. naval yards that produced the battlewagons.
More than 71,000 people were employed at the Brooklyn Navy Yard, the largest center in the navy and the largest employer in the State of New York during the war.

Sponsored

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Okay, shout out to all you LEOs and Bravo Zulu. Sitting at my desk about an hour and half ago and a neighbor was knocking at my front door. Answer and he says I think some guy just stole a bike out of your garage, sure enough my wife's beach cruiser was gone (no warning from my trusty Labs:)).

I go looking and I guess my neighbor called the sheriff's department while I was out. I come back 45 minutes later and you would have guessed we had a major drug bust going on - 3 marked cars and an unmarked one along with a dog team in the cup-de-sac below the back of our home (I think we get a little extra "love" since we have two off duty sheriffs (paid through the sheriff's department) that patrol our neighborhood, kind of take interest in our area when something happens).

Anyway due to some tips from neighbors they found the bike in the woods - looks like the individual panicked, dropped the bike, and took off when he heard/saw all the law enforcement vehicles coming. He was gone by the time the sheriff deputies arrived at the last location he was seen but the bike was recovered - even pulled a couple of prints off it.

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
What is the smallest you can make that? Got dimensions?

Covered in Dust

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I sold my Jeep about 6 months ago to move on to another project. Mike was one of the reasons I kept coming back to this forum. We only met a couple of times in person but he was one of those people that just made you feel good to talk with. I'm happy that I was privileged to sign his shirt. I think I'll drink more than a few in his honor this evening.

IMG_2406.jpeg
Sponsored