Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
Most of the work going on with AI is currently more around getting you to the right human, at least for us. Things like: IVR will feed the transcript from the call to the AI app, which will be running a ton of modules (remember whenever you're on those IVR calls, most times the entire call is recorded and monitored, not just when you're on with the person, even when it seems like you're on hold) and one of those modules will be doing something like looking for "frustration words" in the IVR transcript. Then the module can tell the IVR to route you to x agent instead of y agent, because you're pissed off and x agent is a Tier 3 engineer and is actually good at their job, but y agent is Tier 1 and just a warm body.

Context, I think, is the big jump that AI IVRs in particular have to get through before the AI can do the heavy lifting for a contact center.

Involved-ish on development of the traditional IVR side (sister team, but we work with them and their devs regularly), but aware of how things work on the cloud/AI side since we work with those support teams, too, though not as tightly. Our piece of the organization is basically the stop an issue has when it needs to be vetted for dev engagement through log and sometimes code review (though, none of us are fluent coders, just know enough to get through the code documentation). We then work with the dev to vet out the fix and validate behavior and such. Basically we know the VoIP side and a little of the code side, but the devs know the code side but only a small piece of the VoIP side, usually.

Most of our cloud-based IVR product evolved directly from traditional on-prem solutions that predated enterprise AI. Traditional speech recognition programs (perhaps could be classified as really primitive AI? Basically, it collects VoIP packets, inspects them [VoIP packets are just digitized analog waveforms, so if you know how the packet was constructed, you can determine what the analog waveform is], and makes a best-guess at what word was spoken) still resides at the heart of a lot of our cloud IVR tech. Once the speech recognition program has identified the word that was spoken, historically it just did a lookup of what contact center queue or IVR sub menu that word is associated with and routed appropriately. The AI stuff plugs in after that step has generated a result, and I'm sure some (or most) of it is using a neural net (we also interface our product with Google AI, which no doubt uses one). But the actual identification of the words is non-AI, figuring out what they mean in context and how to handle that likely does involve a NN. Perhaps I'm splitting hairs too finely between the speech recognition and AI components? I don't want to give the impression I'm an AI expert, but rather a VoIP SME that knows IVR and is aware of how our products are tying into AI.
Cool, thanks for the run through!

Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired Fuzz/Hobo/Will work for Whiskey...
@Steveo - let me actually correct myself above - tunnel vision, I handle call routing, call signaling, and call extension on the product I work on and so I tend to think of things in terms of actual call extension and dial plan routing decisions, but not in terms of routing decision making. AI in the contact center solutions (at least the ones we make, and I assume other companies make) can make the logical routing decision in terms of call redirect destination and feed that into the contact center component that interfaces with my product that does the actual call routing. So in that way AI is involved in decision making for where to route a call, but actually getting there and how its handled and queued is the same as for an on-prem solution. Realized I'd gone through that one more literally in terms of routing than I should have.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 200w

smart-not-smart-man.gif

Sponsored

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
My first gig out of undergraduate was with the big lazy B, worked on a team of 100+ folks working some aspect or another of a single commodity (big airplanes, lots of different models) ... 1/3 or more of us were engineers, rest designers, drafters, managers, etc. There were probably 3-4 of us that actually hit the shops and the airplanes in-person to figure out problems with the fabricators and installers - everyone else was email email email ... not even phone call. I don't get it!

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
Time to call for an outright ban on these so called "assault style" Vespas. Lately they appear to be much to dangerous for the general public.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Question for those of you that have Tasers... Just how accurate are the Speedometer calibrations? If I buy the wheels and tires from Glen, is it worth buying the Taser just for the speedometer correction or is the .6 inch difference in tire size just not a big enough difference for the taser to work?

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Question for those of you that have Tasers... Just how accurate are the Speedometer calibrations? If I buy the wheels and tires from Glen, is it worth buying the Taser just for the speedometer correction or is the .6 inch difference in tire size just not a big enough difference for the taser to work?
You can plug the tire sizes in here and see how far off you would be: Tire Size Comparison

FYI, there's an app/tazer competitor out there called ECRI that looks pretty neat, you can calibrate tire size using GPS which seems more accurate to my way of thinking.

From the FORBIDDEN ONE even.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You can plug the tire sizes in here and see how far off you would be: Tire Size Comparison

FYI, there's an app/tazer competitor out there called ECRI that looks pretty neat, you can calibrate tire size using GPS which seems more accurate to my way of thinking.

From the FORBIDDEN ONE even.
I've been looking at Tiresize, and also pulling the reported "actual" sizes from Pirelli and Falken. My Pirellis are 32.1" and the WildPeak MT is 32.7" Give or take a little for manufacturing variance and wear...

I'll have to check out the video from He Who Shall Not Be Named...

Edit: Looks pretty neat.

Last edited:

MtBaldyDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUS, 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Stand up Philosopher
First which FN Glennnnn(that should cover them all) lol. I haven't had any issues with my Taser mini and it has been pretty accurate.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
First which FN Glennnnn(that should cover them all) lol. I haven't had any issues with my Taser mini and it has been pretty accurate.
The Real Glenn... not you fakes out there...

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i dont think that the .6" is going to be much noticeable. did you see a difference when you moved up to the 32s.
Sponsored