Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Its virtually impossible to shop for my wife... She already has everything...

So then its just us getting gifts for the nephews and Niece. Well they're all teenagers or Young Adults now so I have no Idea what to get them...

Maybe Nerf guns... :devil:
Does she have a $8000 sewing machine?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1669813221178
Sponsored

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
I'm starting to look at 37's for the Jeep. I'm already set up to run them. So I started to look through threads on what are good tires. After reading several threads, I've reached a conclusion.

Every single option is simultaneously the very best tire ever made and the worst tire that you should never run on your Jeep.
Especially if its a popular tire like the KO2.... So much praise and so much trashing out there, lol.
Opinions are like assholes...everyone has one and they usually stink. ROFL.

My opinion is that I love the KO2s. So much so, after wearing out my original set at about 60k miles, I put on a second set. Sitting at ~95k now and still have plenty of tread left on them that I am going to wait until I wear these out before swapping to 35s. And yes...they will probably be KO2s also.

For me, the best feature of these tires are how quiet they are on the highway. You would think you were on a car tire instead of a truck tire. (Not that I have tried too hard) but I haven't been anywhere where I didn't feel like I didn't have control of Roxy with her KO2s. Yes, I can slip the back end around on wet pavement but I doubt you will find a tire that won't under good acceleration.

If I done more mudding or extreme off-roading, I might consider something else but for me right now...going where I go...doing what I do...I am very pleased with the KO2s.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I had to search for a hemi when I was looking around here. Diesels aren’t great in this climate in the winter for a daily driver, so it wasn’t really something I even considered. And since it’s my winter “beater” I needed remote start, heated seats, heated steering wheel, etc.

Bonus is that is was a good price and the 25th anniversary of the GC. It goes well with the 25th anniversary CJ5
I inherited.
Well if you go on YouTube, it seems like everyone in Alaska and Alberta and Minnesota owns an old Dodge or Ford Diesel and they never plug in the block heater...

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I think she dreads when I start talking about something I want for the Jeep. :CWL:
My wife gets all excited. She is all in when it comes to the Jeep. Heck she would like to do the Hemi swap, one tons and 40s.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation

My opinion is that I love the KO2s. So much so, after wearing out my original set at about 60k miles, I put on a second set. Sitting at ~95k now and still have plenty of tread left on them that I am going to wait until I wear these out before swapping to 35s. And yes...they will probably be KO2s also.

For me, the best feature of these tires are how quiet they are on the highway. You would think you were on a car tire instead of a truck tire. (Not that I have tried too hard) but I haven't been anywhere where I didn't feel like I didn't have control of Roxy with her KO2s. Yes, I can slip the back end around on wet pavement but I doubt you will find a tire that won't under good acceleration.

If I done more mudding or extreme off-roading, I might consider something else but for me right now...going where I go...doing what I do...I am very pleased with the KO2s.
You really need to ride on some Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT tires. They are dam near silent. They are quieter than the passenger tire on my KIA Optima and my Camaro SS.

Sponsored

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
You really need to ride on some Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT tires. They are dam near silent. They are quieter than the passenger tire on my KIA Optima and my Camaro SS.
See...another opinion. HAHA!!!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The whole Christmas tree deal is done by my wife. She wants zero help with it. I can sit back and play call of duty as she does here thing.
lol, Same with me. She wants to micromanage, so I don't even try to help unless its physically too big for her to move.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
One of the loaner cars the Jeep dealership gave me was a mini van that reeked of smoke so badly I had to roll down all the windows :puke:

Edit: Same dealership that scraped the entire fender (first and only damage done to the Jeep while I still owned it)
Every time I have received a loaner vehicle from my Jeep dealer, It has been a JLU.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Does she have a $8000 sewing machine?

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1669813221178
She has a Cricut she used to make planners to sell on Etsy. I think she got tired of that and working full time. I think that sewing Machine would put her right back in that rut again, lol!

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Morning folks!

Sponsored

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Frankenstein never scared me.

Marsupials do

'Cause they're fast!

Morning Jeep folks
Frankenstein was a beloved forum member, and CK's husband. I think his passing was a little before you got here.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

I probably would have gone with KO2s had the price worked out. The 5 Pirellis were within 50 bucks of the stimulus check so I went for those. Good tires too, I might go with them again.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
A lot of the trouble is that the right answer depends on what part of the country you live in and what type of trails you run.

Down in TX, mud tires are the best choice for the trails I ran. Around here in CO and in Moab, all terrains are usually better.

Oh, and YT is completely useless for just about anything.
The thing with Youtube as all of these YouTubers try to hype of everything regardless of it what it is.

I have been watching YouTube vids about the Dempster Hwy. in Canada. It is a long dirt road. Some of the YouTubers are like OMY God...... At the end of the day, Its like hey Big trucks drive fast on it and it is well maintained and you will probably get a broken windshield. Yet their title is like Please don't die driving this road.

Everyone Youtuber is a Youtube expert.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The thing with Youtube as all of these YouTubers try to hype of everything regardless of it what it is.

I have been watching YouTube vids about the Dempster Hwy. in Canada. It is a long dirt road. Some of the YouTubers are like OMY God...... At the end of the day, Its like hey Big trucks drive fast on it and it is well maintained and you will probably get a broken windshield. Yet their title is like Please don't die driving this road.

Everyone Youtuber is a Youtube expert.
Ohhh... its the YouTube comments where you'll find the REAL Experts! :CWL:
Sponsored