Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Smart2.gif

I was eyeing the trenchers at the local CAT rental place yesterday (it's right next door to the KFC drive-thru.)
It was fun to operate and made short work of that stinkin trench.
Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Smart2.gif

I was eyeing the trenchers at the local CAT rental place yesterday (it's right next door to the KFC drive-thru.)

Just curious, what's the cost to rent one of those?
It was $160 before taxes for 4 hours. I was nowhere near the 4. Oh well.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
So I got some good news today, I spoke to my guy at the dealership, and asked him if there was a way I could get a lift & not kill my warrenty. The usually clueless guy actually had an answer for once! So I was told if I got it done through an accredited shop I should be fine. One thing that wasn't clear is if "accredited shop" meant a dealer shop, or if any properly licensed mechanic shop in town.

I'd prefer to avoid letting the people I. The service shop getting their grubby little hands on BeeBee. Don't trust them to not fuck her up.
That sounds like the people explaining my motorhome warranty -they said work had to be done by a certified shop- so I asked "certified by whom?" Then they said by a professional repair place- so I asked what identified a "professional" repair shop and they said one that normally repairs motorhomes - so, I guess if a shop has a sign that says rv repairs, it qualifies.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
As they say, work smart not hard. So I done followed dat advice.
852EB515-A7DA-486F-81EA-B98881F87395.jpeg
E5A751E2-FD52-463B-AB26-38CEFF0A59AD.jpeg
397F3296-9608-4AB0-BC03-54D914CC9103.jpeg

Check out the damn cement chunks I ran thru! No wonder the machine kept stalling.
E293646B-A3B8-40AB-B9E3-822347CA16BE.jpeg
Got a chuckle when I saw this - I dug all mine by hand during the summer (glutton for punishment and only 30 years old at the time) when we lived in the high desert up by Edwards AFB, nothing but caliche (they land airplanes and space craft on it so not soft).

Two guys who lived up the street saw me and stopped by for tips on installing a irrigation system - told them whatever you do save killing yourselves and rent a ditch witch. They did - two days later job was half dug but ditch witch was gone, when I asked what happen they said even with the ditch witch it was to hard and they had a professional coming by to install:).

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 661BDC56-4793-4BDA-93EE-AD5E16C0B437

Just curious, what's the cost to rent one of those?
At least 7.

Sponsored

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
I just heard from my brother (south of Daytona) and he finally has power.

I also heard from my nephew (north of Daytona) still no power but at least their generator is working (new baby and all). The flood line is 2 houses down and they are watching people being evacuated in rowboats and armored tanks:surprised:

Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired Fuzz/Hobo/Will work for Whiskey...
Today I will hold my tongue of sarcasm, no nasty needless words thrown around..
I will just remind you that being a cop is a way of life and the majority of them of good human beings.
LIke my best friend here Kent Mundel, we grew up together, I was the best man at his wedding, and I was one of his Pallbearers, his funeral filled the Tacoma Dome like a rock star.

https://komonews.com/news/local/community-honors-pierce-county-deputy-kent-mundell-killed-decade-ago
So very sorry.....

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
That sounds like the people explaining my motorhome warranty -they said work had to be done by a certified shop- so I asked "certified by whom?" Then they said by a professional repair place- so I asked what identified a "professional" repair shop and they said one that normally repairs motorhomes - so, I guess if a shop has a sign that says rv repairs, it qualifies.
I later got this answer when I asked for clarification on a) who exactly is an "accredited shop" and b) do I have a choice in different lift kits, or do I have to go with what they use (If I decide to even let them put their grubby hands on Beebe), which is BDS (still never heard of it). I got the following answer not too long ago. 😐

If you get it here, it is covered under warranty. We have multiple different options I found out. If not, it could be or it could be not, usually the lift companies have their own warranties as well