Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired Fuzz/Hobo/Will work for Whiskey...
Afternoon Jeep folks...

Loaded up this morning, drove about 40 miles to a state park I've not been to before, and have finished setting up for my weekend solo camping. Looks like it's going to be perfect weather for it. 67 F right now, tonight's low 48. Tomorrow's high is 69, with only a 6% chance of rain.

I'm testing my new battery in the teardrop and trying to avoid hooking up to the power. But I only had 83% charge when I got here and it's too much shade for the solar panels to do anything, so we'll see. Maybe the panels will do something in the morning.

I'll probably be starting the fire soon to cook dinner. Tonight is just burger. Tomorrow night is New York Strip.

1664570953309.jpeg
Wait, who's camping in the tent next you.................:LOL:
Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Yesterday I saw a
bds suspension have been around awhile.

just out of curiosity. are looking to do a lift just because your going to run 35s, to have more flex with the 35s, or just to have a better stance. you might want to see how the 35s fit and looks before the lift. since you're getting the rubicon. it will come with the high clearance fender flares. also you dont need to have a full suspension lift. simple spacer lift 1.5" to 2" will do the trick. the spacers fits up in the springs which gives you the lift. it is cost effective. that will be my plans when its time to upgrade to 33s.
i will definitely be running 35s before I even drive off of the lot, as I'll be needing winter tires when I take delivery, so I figure might as well buy 35s right away.

I am looking to have a bit more room in the wheel well for the tires, as well as adding some clearance. As while I may not do a ton of rock crawling per say, I do drive on what can be very sketchy back roads with lots blow down and boulders in the middle of the road.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Wait, who's camping in the tent next you.................:LOL:
That's attached to the side of the teardrop. It's kind of like a screened porch. :)

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Mr Dan @JEEPJL, hope you’re ok buddy. Looks like the storm is coming right about over you.
Thanks, Robbie! ....I'm still here, 95mph wind gusts for 8.5 hours, and I gotta yard full of branches.

I got lucky!

Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
24 years as a police officer (OCSD), I have worn the different uniforms (custody, patrol, harbor patrol/fireman, and Honor Guardsmen).....I loved the look of the wool uniform pictured above, it looked very professional, but it was wool. It was incredibly hot, lots of serious medical complications as a result of overheating. It is extremely flammable, running into a burning house always scared me but we still went in. Cost wise, they are Very expensive to replace and upkeep. The police departments are evolving and making gear more comfortable for the officer (#1), less flammable, give the officer more options regarding gear and are more cost effective. A cotton uniform may not look as professional, I agree, but it is night and day in what we could do. Working days and nights we did a lot of jumping fences, crawling under structures, struggling with arrestees, building searches, etc. in very hot and uncomfortable environments. The newer gear allowed us to stay cooler and wear/carry more safety equipment-for us, our partners and for the people we served. Yeah, it is now heavier and hurts the back a little more but we were okay with it as it helped us save lives. Not to say we didn't wear the Class A wools, just a time and place for it.
An officer is who he is no matter what he wears. My partners and I did not change with uniform change-still the same man no matter what-even after I promoted. Not saying it can't happen.
Sorry about the length, just wanted to shed a little light into something I know and lived just like ya'll do/did in your careers.
I wanted to say the same, but I am too tired to try to convince people on the internet that.
Regardless of what the guy/gal exiting the flashing blue and red is wearing, you need to listen and comply whether you respect them or not. If your feelings are hurt or you feel violated, take it to court and fight it there. Surely, you can see that a person in a robe in a controlled environment may be a better place to argue than with the LEO in front of you with a gun that is thinking you are not complying because you are trying to stop him/her from doing their job and going home to his/her family. Have some common sense people. I've been profiled and proned out on a busy highway before. I did not rush the officer and start digging for my shield. Thats how you get shot. After the Officer felt secure in the situation was when I mention to him that I was on the job and to reach in my pocket for ID. Think of this way. You know who is stopping you. They have no idea who you are or of your intentions. Yes, I know there are imposters out there. Stop in a public area. This is so stupid that this is even a discussion.

Last edited:

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
Buy an oil filter adaptor. Skip all that shit.

Get caught, go to jail.

Depending on your state, or arresting officer, it could be Federal Pound Me In the Ass Prison.

You better have a stamp for that adapter. Give it a serial number and put it in the matrix.

Last edited:

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
looks like @obwahn found a new victim to have around since @Steveo ran away from him. :CWL:
Paul...There are no Jeep parts in the basement. Heck, OB doesnt even have a basement. Watch your six. Keep OB in front at all times. J/K 👀 LOL

Last edited:

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
What really hit Florida.
I have a fun story about the recent hurricane in Florida.

I have a friend who had her boyfriend break up with her during the storm, and she kicked him out and made him pack his stuff and find somewhere else to take shelter 🤣🙈

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Falcon 3.2s. Yes, I'm a cheapo and didnt get the 3.3s with the adjuster knobs for an extra $500.
I spun the shocks for a softer ride since the weather was getting colder and may be done wheeling for the year. It took me about 30mins. for all four.
I think I'm okay spinning them. LOL
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) IMG_1693.JPG

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
As they say, work smart not hard. So I done followed dat advice.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 852EB515-A7DA-486F-81EA-B98881F87395
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) E5A751E2-FD52-463B-AB26-38CEFF0A59AD
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 397F3296-9608-4AB0-BC03-54D914CC9103

Check out the damn cement chunks I ran thru! No wonder the machine kept stalling.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) E293646B-A3B8-40AB-B9E3-822347CA16BE

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
Thanks, Robbie! ....I'm still here, 95mph wind gusts for 8.5 hours, and I gotta yard full of branches.

I got lucky!
A yard full of branches sounds good, compared to what I’ve been seeing in tv. Glad you made it thru ok.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
T-shirt Designer
and then some asshole parked in my entranceway!
03B56700-0411-48A4-9934-582B6F625066.jpeg
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Smart2

I was eyeing the trenchers at the local CAT rental place yesterday (it's right next door to the KFC drive-thru.)

Just curious, what's the cost to rent one of those?
Sponsored