Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
So I got some good news today, I spoke to my guy at the dealership, and asked him if there was a way I could get a lift & not kill my warrenty. The usually clueless guy actually had an answer for once! So I was told if I got it done through an accredited shop I should be fine. One thing that wasn't clear is if "accredited shop" meant a dealer shop, or if any properly licensed mechanic shop in town.

I'd prefer to avoid letting the people I. The service shop getting their grubby little hands on BeeBee. Don't trust them to not fuck her up.
becareful with what the dealer say. this is a grey area of a topic. plenty of post on here about whats covered, etc. as for accredited usually means the dealer. thats to keep the warranty valid. any out side shops doing the work could result in voiding any warranty work. the one dealer close to me red flagged my 07 grand cherokee because of the aftermarket rims and tires, also the bull bar and lights. the rims and tires were stock size to the factory ones. but the dealer flagged me anyway. i told them to gfy, like many other customers have done already. now i'm not saying that all dealers are like that. but theres very few that will work with you. just keep in mind that dealership are trigger happy to red flag your jeep and void all warranty. once its flagged its very hard to get it cleared. even thru corporate. been there. got nowhere.

imo and just my $.02. since you're not mechanically sound (no pun intended) i would pay the dealer to install the mopar lift so its under warranty. that way theres no out of pocket expense that may arise later on down the road. dealers will not install other brand lift. same goes with any other aftermarket stuff that is added to the jeep.
Sponsored

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Mornin Jeep Peeps!
friday.gif

Late arrival. Spent a bit of time doing this this morning:
BB6FAA0D-9AA5-4E69-B39C-E9AF2A52867C.jpeg

Then I had a visitor. @Runngun18 stopped by to see what mess I've gotten myself into. Clearly he's not too bright, he's coming back tomorrow morning to pitch in. lol
I was obligated to also give him a tour of the Embassy.

Just kidding, Paul. Really enjoyed meeting you.
Blimey — Amazon should just use your backyard as the setting for Mordor in the Rings of Power show and save some money. :CWL: ;)

Cheers,
-CM-

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
becareful with what the dealer say. this is a grey area of a topic. plenty of post on here about whats covered, etc. as for accredited usually means the dealer. thats to keep the warranty valid. any out side shops doing the work could result in voiding any warranty work. the one dealer close to me red flagged my 07 grand cherokee because of the aftermarket rims and tires, also the bull bar and lights. the rims and tires were stock size to the factory ones. but the dealer flagged me anyway. i told them to gfy, like many other customers have done already. now i'm not saying that all dealers are like that. but theres very few that will work with you. just keep in mind that dealership are trigger happy to red flag your jeep and void all warranty. once its flagged its very hard to get it cleared. even thru corporate. been there. got nowhere.

imo and just my $.02. since you're not mechanically sound (no pun intended) i would pay the dealer to install the mopar lift so its under warranty. that way theres no out of pocket expense that may arise later on down the road. dealers will not install other brand lift. same goes with any other aftermarket stuff that is added to the jeep.
I'm going it get it in writing about what will and won't void my warranty, I'm not looking to get played or told after the fact "oops, you didn't do x,y,z and now you're SOL".

Interesting enough, when I asked what kind of lift I could or couldn't get, he said that they didn't use the mopar lift, but one that was "comparable". It was BGS I think? Or BG-something or another? It wasn't one that I had heard of tbh. Apparently there had been a customer he had dealt with perviously that had wanted their 1ton lifted (someone apparently isn't flexing enough... 🙄🙄) and they had done it in-house, and the guy got to keep his warranty. I'm trying to get the exact details, and find out more but from what I've heard, it's a shop to shop thing about honouring the warranty after any mods that affect suspension or drivetrain have been done.

If it turns out that "accredited shop" means a dealer shop, I'll probably pass on getting a lift in the near future. If the term applies to a certified and respected mechanical shop in town, then there's a much higher chance I'll get a lift in the next year or two.

Edit, it was a BDS lift kit.... Still never heard of it I don't think...

Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired Fuzz/Hobo/Will work for Whiskey...
i agree with you 100% i've seen a trend in uniform change in my county. but its a mix in a way. some towns will eiter be full uniforms, combat, or a mix between the 2. where i work the town is mix, the village within the town is combat. what i do see is that the patrol officers will be combat and the higher ranks will be in uniform. the town i live in is full uniform. heres the other thing. the towns that see more police activities tends to be in combat uniforms. thats the case where i work. county sheriff department and state police are in full uniforms.

on a side note. a couple of buttheads at the post office was showing up to work with the postal pants ticked into the boots looking like military commandos. that got stopped pretty fast.
24 years as a police officer (OCSD), I have worn the different uniforms (custody, patrol, harbor patrol/fireman, and Honor Guardsmen).....I loved the look of the wool uniform pictured above, it looked very professional, but it was wool. It was incredibly hot, lots of serious medical complications as a result of overheating. It is extremely flammable, running into a burning house always scared me but we still went in. Cost wise, they are Very expensive to replace and upkeep. The police departments are evolving and making gear more comfortable for the officer (#1), less flammable, give the officer more options regarding gear and are more cost effective. A cotton uniform may not look as professional, I agree, but it is night and day in what we could do. Working days and nights we did a lot of jumping fences, crawling under structures, struggling with arrestees, building searches, etc. in very hot and uncomfortable environments. The newer gear allowed us to stay cooler and wear/carry more safety equipment-for us, our partners and for the people we served. Yeah, it is now heavier and hurts the back a little more but we were okay with it as it helped us save lives. Not to say we didn't wear the Class A wools, just a time and place for it.
An officer is who he is no matter what he wears. My partners and I did not change with uniform change-still the same man no matter what-even after I promoted. Not saying it can't happen.
Sorry about the length, just wanted to shed a little light into something I know and lived just like ya'll do/did in your careers.

Last edited:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
24 years as a police officer (OCSD), I have worn the different uniforms (custody, patrol, harbor patrol/fireman, and Honor Guardsmen).....I loved the look of the wool uniform pictured above, it looked very professional, but it was wool. It was incredibly hot, lots of serious medical complications as a result of overheating. It is extremely flammable, running into a burning house always scared me but we still went in. Cost wise, they are Very expensive to replace and upkeep. The police departments are evolving and making gear more comfortable for the officer (#1), less flammable, give the officer more options regarding gear and are more cost effective. A cotton uniform may not look as professional, I agree, but it is night and day in what we could do. Working days and nights we did a lot of jumping fences, crawling under structures, struggling with arrestees, building searches, etc. in very hot and uncomfortable environments. The newer gear allowed us to stay cooler and wear/carry more safety equipment-for us, our partners and for the people we served. Yeah, it is now heavier and hurts the back a little more but we were okay with it as it helped us save lives.
An officer is who he is no matter what he wears. My partners and I did not change with uniform change-still the same man no matter what-even after I promoted. Not saying it can't happen.
Sorry about the length, just wanted to shed a little light into something I know and lived just like ya'll do/did in your careers.
i hear you. and agree on improving uniform tech. to make the wearers comfortable. i believe the postal service have been looking into different styles of uniform to make it work for us carriers to be able to work more efficiently. idk what the current status of that. but i'll continue wearing the current uniforms that we have now. ironically, the new postmaster we have now made a comment to all the carriers that are not wearing the uniform to start wearing them. its part of the job.

Sponsored

Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
i hear you. and agree on improving uniform tech. to make the wearers comfortable. i believe the postal service have been looking into different styles of uniform to make it work for us carriers to be able to work more efficiently. idk what the current status of that. but i'll continue wearing the current uniforms that we have now. ironically, the new postmaster we have now made a comment to all the carriers that are not wearing the uniform to start wearing them. its part of the job.
It's funny you say that. I have not seen my postal workers wearing anything but their personal clothes lately. Kinda wondering why. I fondly remember my postal workers walking around delivering the mail in the uniform, which i thought was pretty cool.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I'm going it get it in writing about what will and won't void my warranty, I'm not looking to get played or told after the fact "oops, you didn't do x,y,z and now you're SOL".

Interesting enough, when I asked what kind of lift I could or couldn't get, he said that they didn't use the mopar lift, but one that was "comparable". It was BGS I think? Or BG-something or another? It wasn't one that I had heard of tbh. Apparently there had been a customer he had dealt with perviously that had wanted their 1ton lifted (someone apparently isn't flexing enough... 🙄🙄) and they had done it in-house, and the guy got to keep his warranty. I'm trying to get the exact details, and find out more but from what I've heard, it's a shop to shop thing about honouring the warranty after any mods that affect suspension or drivetrain have been done.

If it turns out that "accredited shop" means a dealer shop, I'll probably pass on getting a lift in the near future. If the term applies to a certified and respected mechanical shop in town, then there's a much higher chance I'll get a lift in the next year or two.

Edit, it was a BDS lift kit.... Still never heard of it I don't think...
bds suspension have been around awhile.

just out of curiosity. are looking to do a lift just because your going to run 35s, to have more flex with the 35s, or just to have a better stance. you might want to see how the 35s fit and looks before the lift. since you're getting the rubicon. it will come with the high clearance fender flares. also you dont need to have a full suspension lift. simple spacer lift 1.5" to 2" will do the trick. the spacers fits up in the springs which gives you the lift. it is cost effective. that will be my plans when its time to upgrade to 33s.

Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Mornin Jeep Peeps!
friday.gif

Late arrival. Spent a bit of time doing this this morning:
BB6FAA0D-9AA5-4E69-B39C-E9AF2A52867C.jpeg

Then I had a visitor. @Runngun18 stopped by to see what mess I've gotten myself into. Clearly he's not too bright, he's coming back tomorrow morning to pitch in. lol
I was obligated to also give him a tour of the Embassy.

Just kidding, Paul. Really enjoyed meeting you.
Hahaha, yeah, told you, I have had several head injuries!! Naw, all good, great meeting you Mike, thanks for the tour and look forward to helping out with the back yard!

Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
bds suspension have been around awhile.

just out of curiosity. are looking to do a lift just because your going to run 35s, to have more flex with the 35s, or just to have a better stance. you might want to see how the 35s fit and looks before the lift. since you're getting the rubicon. it will come with the high clearance fender flares. also you dont need to have a full suspension lift. simple spacer lift 1.5" to 2" will do the trick. the spacers fits up in the springs which gives you the lift. it is cost effective. that will be my plans when its time to upgrade to 33s.
I have seen 37's on stock rims on a stock Rubi...... 😬

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
It's funny you say that. I have not seen my postal workers wearing anything but their personal clothes lately. Kinda wondering why. I fondly remember my postal workers walking around delivering the mail in the uniform, which i thought was pretty cool.
it depends. if they are non regular carriers. then no they wont have a uniform. same goes if they are rural carriers. i'm a regular / city carrier. so a uniform allowance is provided to order uniforms and stuff. but i agree, being in a uniform is the best way to "cough" represent the postal service.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Hahaha, yeah, told you, I have had several head injuries!! Naw, all good, great meeting you Mike, thanks for the tour and look forward to helping out with the back yard!
looks like @obwahn found a new victim to have around since @Steveo ran away from him. :CWL:

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Afternoon Jeep folks...

Loaded up this morning, drove about 40 miles to a state park I've not been to before, and have finished setting up for my weekend solo camping. Looks like it's going to be perfect weather for it. 67 F right now, tonight's low 48. Tomorrow's high is 69, with only a 6% chance of rain.

I'm testing my new battery in the teardrop and trying to avoid hooking up to the power. But I only had 83% charge when I got here and it's too much shade for the solar panels to do anything, so we'll see. Maybe the panels will do something in the morning.

I'll probably be starting the fire soon to cook dinner. Tonight is just burger. Tomorrow night is New York Strip.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1664570953309

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Afternoon Jeep folks...

Loaded up this morning, drove about 40 miles to a state park I've not been to before, and have finished setting up for my weekend solo camping. Looks like it's going to be perfect weather for it. 67 F right now, tonight's low 48. Tomorrow's high is 69, with only a 6% chance of rain.

I'm testing my new battery in the teardrop and trying to avoid hooking up to the power. But I only had 83% charge when I got here and it's too much shade for the solar panels to do anything, so we'll see. Maybe the panels will do something in the morning.

I'll probably be starting the fire soon to cook dinner. Tonight is just burger. Tomorrow night is New York Strip.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1664570953309
relax and enjoy the time off.

Runngun18

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JL
Occupation
it depends. if they are non regular carriers. then no they wont have a uniform. same goes if they are rural carriers. i'm a regular / city carrier. so a uniform allowance is provided to order uniforms and stuff. but i agree, being in a uniform is the best way to "cough" represent the postal service.
Haha, learned something new, thanks for the education!