Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1664553306438
Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Happy Friday!

Saw this on another forum, just might have to give it a try... 😆

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 83924686-7559-427d-a78e-6c8c6f125133-png.4558931

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
We haven’t had a good snow storm in years up in NYC. Winters haven’t been like they use too.
Anything below 70 degrees and I'm cold:). My southern wife always asks how I stood growing up in upstate NY - told her I just didn't know any better.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
In general, I say in general because it is not all encompassing. The US police departments have seen a push to militarize them over the last thirty years. They are all in combat dressed out. Tactical uniforms and so on. They have left the professional uniforms that they wore for years and years. Unfortunately it has not work well for them in general. As with anything, the way you dress impacts perception. Police get dressed like the military and they no longer get treated like someone who is there to protect and serve. They are dressed to be intimidating and often act the part and get received as being intimidating causing people to act negatively towards them.

Just as you get treated and feel different while wearing nice suit vs, a wife beater and flip flops, As a law enforcement officer you are perceived and treated differently depending on how you are dressed.

This type of uniform will get a different reaction
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 83924686-7559-427d-a78e-6c8c6f125133-png.4558931

than this uniform.

Our police departments have made a mistake in making the normal cop into a tactical dressed uniform officer. Basic human will act the way they are dressed. Different moods for different outfits. Dress like a soldier, act like a soldier. Dress like professional that goal is to protect and serve and they will act like they are there to protect and serve. So before This goes off the rail. NOTE this is a general statement. There will always be exceptions to the rule.

Of course there is a time and a place for tactical dress, but for the most part that dress should be reserved for SWAT type operations.
Actually, this reminds me of how the first police force in England was formed, and the requirements to be an officer as well as to remain an officer.

Quote below from Wikipedia

The government intentionally tried to avoid creating any likeness between the police and a military force; in particular the officers of the new police force were not armed, and a blue uniform was chosen that was dissimilar to those used by the army.
In addition to those choices above, there was a very concentrated effort for those men to be involved members of the community they worked in, to not only live in, but have a vested interest in the community or area they worked in. There were a bunch of other requirements like standards of dress, quality of character, as well as an "unblemished past", etc that mattered a lot. So overall the point of the London Metro Police was to build trust and a feeling of safety amongst the communities they were policing.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Happy Friday!

Saw this on another forum, just might have to give it a try... 😆

Grabbing a pen and heading out to all the Jo Ann Fabric, Michaels and Hobby Lobby. Maybe even Planet Fitness.

Sponsored

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great Mike and the same brand we have in our current house - Navien? I always used Rinai but the plumber here liked and recommended Navien, works fantastic so far and very efficient.
Yep, Navien.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Mornin Jeep Peeps!
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) friday

Late arrival. Spent a bit of time doing this this morning:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) BB6FAA0D-9AA5-4E69-B39C-E9AF2A52867C

Then I had a visitor. @Runngun18 stopped by to see what mess I've gotten myself into. Clearly he's not too bright, he's coming back tomorrow morning to pitch in. lol
I was obligated to also give him a tour of the Embassy.

Just kidding, Paul. Really enjoyed meeting you.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Morning/Afternoon, Folks.
Late start today. We'll be experiencing Ian as rain starting tonight into Sunday.
same here. i gotta get out and mow the lawn after i catch up on here.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

Sponsored

JL GOAT

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Mornin Jeep Peeps!
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) smurfs-movie-kick

Late arrival. Spent a bit of time doing this this morning:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) smurfs-movie-kick

Then I had a visitor. @Runngun18 stopped by to see what mess I've gotten myself into. Clearly he's not too bright, he's coming back tomorrow morning to pitch in. lol
I was obligated to also give him a tour of the Embassy.

Just kidding, Paul. Really enjoyed meeting you.
Mr. Ambassador, Tear down that wall.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Abi was the first woman I met after the service. I knew she was IT. We moved in together a week later, married 18 months after that (extra $50/mo on the GI Bill!), and have been together 53 years now.
That i can say is a wonderful story. I don't get to hear about those much these days. everyone i know ends up divorced at least once. I plan one keep this girl forever. I know ill purpose at some point in the near future! congratulations on 53 years!

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
So I got some good news today, I spoke to my guy at the dealership, and asked him if there was a way I could get a lift & not kill my warrenty. The usually clueless guy actually had an answer for once! So I was told if I got it done through an accredited shop I should be fine. One thing that wasn't clear is if "accredited shop" meant a dealer shop, or if any properly licensed mechanic shop in town.

I'd prefer to avoid letting the people I. The service shop getting their grubby little hands on BeeBee. Don't trust them to not fuck her up.
Sponsored