Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
In case you really wanted to know....

The 24" slug barrel replaces the smoothbore 20 gauge (.61 caliber) shotgun barrel with a longer rifled (spiral grooved) barrel, which gives spin (thus accuracy) to a solid slug (rather than the load of pellets normally used in shotgun ammunition). Basically, the shotgun becomes a rifle, though with less range and accuracy than most modern rifles.

.61 caliber is slightly larger than the common rifles (.58 caliber) used in the American Civil War, 1861-1865. Gettysburg was a large battle in that war. The Mossberg shotgun is a pump action that holds five rounds (plus one in the chamber), which would have made it useful as hell 160 years ago against people with single-shot muzzle-loaders.

This setup is commonly used for hunting deer in a number of US states that prohibit hunting with high power rifles because of population density.
I had to read through that twice to make sure I understood it, cause I haven't had my covfefe yet this morning.... Still in bed tbh....

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
i got a mid width steel bumper from lod. thw winch sits in. uses factory fog lights. shackle mounts and is looks great.
Mind providing a link for the bumper?

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I have a Badlands 12k winch mounted in my factory steel bumper...

1663859356592.png

1663859364230.png

1663859373220.png

Quite stealthy behind my lightbar.

1663859444945.png
Might just have to go badlands then for my winch....

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Zeke simply.....Pew Pew. LOL
Lol, that I can follow.

On another note, feeling motivated and just done with what is the longest ever dry spell I've ever endured in my entire adult life, I am reluctantly taking the plunge into the tinder games again. If anyone is game to be a spectator and would enjoy some shadenfreude at my expense while I try to suffer endure cope deal with the 28-44 year old men (cause the Bi & single lesbians in my area are scarce.....) who are within my local dating pool, feel free to let me know and I will post all the cringey profiles, with the hunting & pictures of men holding up fish, or whatever else I endure until I inevitably give up and delete the app again.

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
Here is the other parts needed for the install.

Maximus-3 JL Winch Mounting Plate
Tuffy Flip-up Fairlead Plate Mount (if front plate required)

Also note, if you go with the Badlands winch, I relocated the power leads to the side of the winch instead of the back. I used a step bit to drill the right size hole in the side of the top cover and ran the wires through that hole. I plugged the hole in the back of the winch. This was done to keep the wires from rubbing on the grill.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Here is the other parts needed for the install.

Maximus-3 JL Winch Mounting Plate
Tuffy Flip-up Fairlead Plate Mount (if front plate required)

Also note, if you go with the Badlands winch, I relocated the power leads to the side of the winch instead of the back. I used a step bit to drill the right size hole in the side of the top cover and ran the wires through that hole. I plugged the hole in the back of the winch. This was done to keep the wires from rubbing on the grill.
Thanks!

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
As an aside , any particular reason you're looking at 12k lb winch? Roughly 1.5x vehicle curb weight is usually what I've always heard recommended and even a 6k lb JLU would be easily supported by a 10k lb winch that may some some $$$.

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
As an aside , any particular reason you're looking at 12k lb winch? Roughly 1.5x vehicle curb weight is usually what I've always heard recommended and even a 6k lb JLU would be easily supported by a 10k lb winch that may some some $$$.
For me...the price was right. LOL I wanted synthetic rope and didn't want to break the budget. The Badlands fit the bill on every point. It being rated at 12k was just a bonus.

Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Because if I do go out wheeling, I'll likely go out with my dad, who will inevitably be driving his ram hemi 1500... Potentially with a moose, elk, or a couple of deer loaded in the back. I'd rather be over and never need it than under in any case.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I had to read through that twice to make sure I understood it, cause I haven't had my covfefe yet this morning.... Still in bed tbh....
Unless you actually have desire to know about such stuff, feel free to ignore.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Because if I do go out wheeling, I'll likely go out with my dad, who will inevitably be driving his ram hemi 1500... Potentially with a moose, elk, or a couple of deer loaded in the back. I'd rather be over and never need it than under in any case.
A 10k lb would pull that fine, particularly if you use a snatch block and chock the Jeep properly. Honestly, regardless of 10k/12k, you'll have to be careful about just dragging the Jeep to the Ram lol.

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
A 10k lb would pull that fine, particularly if you use a snatch block and chock the Jeep properly. Honestly, regardless of 10k/12k, you'll have to be careful about just dragging the Jeep to the Ram lol.
Hmmm...speaking of which...I should probably pick up some chocks so that when I do winch, I can hold Roxy from being drug into whatever I am pulling on. LOL

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Lol, that I can follow.

On another note, feeling motivated and just done with what is the longest ever dry spell I've ever endured in my entire adult life, I am reluctantly taking the plunge into the tinder games again. If anyone is game to be a spectator and would enjoy some shadenfreude at my expense while I try to suffer endure cope deal with the 28-44 year old men (cause the Bi & single lesbians in my area are scarce.....) who are within my local dating pool, feel free to let me know and I will post all the cringey profiles, with the hunting & pictures of men holding up fish, or whatever else I endure until I inevitably give up and delete the app again.
They're eagerly awaiting you...

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1663861209400
Sponsored