Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I'm 31, and while I'm lucky enough to have a job with full benefits, with the general trend of the economy (I've lived through at least 3 major recessions in just my adult life) and my experience is, it won't be enough. Heck, I have a decent job that pays a living wage. But it won't be enough for me to do things like buy a house. I am doing some hardcore saving just to be able to afford my jeep, which I would be so lucky for it to only 1/8th the cost of a house in my local market.

My current income is enough for me to get by and pay all of my bills. Yes making some investments would be wise, but I do not have any extra income to do that.
What is extremely crazy is the rental market… it makes it extremely difficult for anyone to save up for a house. Most apartments here in DFW Texas are more than my mortgage payment and for 1/4 of my square footage.
Sponsored

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I understand you were kidding. This is the Jeep Humor Room isn’t it? :fist bump:
Not everyone has a dark or sarcastic humor and some can only wade in the Dad Joke side of the pool. I just like to make it clear with emojis, LOLs and sometimes just posting the intent sans malice. 😁 Yes.... I'll go look for my yo-yo now.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
What is extremely crazy is the rental market… it makes it extremely difficult for anyone to save up for a house. Most apartments here in DFW Texas are more than my mortgage payment and for 1/4 of my square footage.
Oh it's just as bad here. Small university city (about 100k population) and the vacancy rate for rentals is almost non existent.... We are paying prices that are not too far off what people in metro Vancouver pay for rent..... Vancouver is one of the 2 most expensive to live in cities in Canada.... By a long mile. Most people here pay more in rent for a 2 bedroom apartment than they would for a 4 bedroom home mortgage.

Sponsored

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
What equipment? These are great! :rock:
Thanks. I used a Nikon D610 (full frame), Nikon f2.8 70-200 with a 1.75 teleconverter. Hand held.

Blkjak

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I'm 31, and while I'm lucky enough to have a job with full benefits, with the general trend of the economy (I've lived through at least 3 major recessions in just my adult life) and my experience is, it won't be enough. Heck, I have a decent job that pays a living wage. But it won't be enough for me to do things like buy a house. I am doing some hardcore saving just to be able to afford my jeep, which I would be so lucky for it to only 1/8th the cost of a house in my local market.

My current income is enough for me to get by and pay all of my bills. Yes making some investments would be wise, but I do not have any extra income to do that.
Completely understand, everyone has their own situation. I am sure you will persevere.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
good late afternoon. been up early and headed out to a local car show that is a decent size.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20220904_104502[1]
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20220904_105335[1]
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20220904_110425[1]

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal