Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
Filling out paperwork for my CCW Permit... seems like they want a lot more information now than when I first got my permit.
I just transferred mine to Arkansas. I guess since it was a transfer, it went pretty easy peasy. I did have to go to the local sheriff's office to get electronically printed...at least the cop that done it was way cool and we talked about people we both knew. It is a small world...especially when you return to your childhood home.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Filling out paperwork for my CCW Permit... seems like they want a lot more information now than when I first got my permit.
is this a renewal?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
is this a renewal?
Its a renewal yes. Different Sheriff so maybe that has something to do with it. I feel like I'm applying for a secret clearance again.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I just transferred mine to Arkansas. I guess since it was a transfer, it went pretty easy peasy. I did have to go to the local sheriff's office to get electronically printed...at least the cop that done it was way cool and we talked about people we both knew. It is a small world...especially when you return to your childhood home.
I was hoping it was going to be a simple process, since they've already done a background check on me the first time I went through this.

Sponsored

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
I was hoping it was going to be a simple process, since they've already done a background check on me the first time I went through this.
Like you said, new sheriff probably had something to do with it. Arkansas uses the State Police to check and issue the licenses. Missouri used the County Sheriff.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
When I got mine 10 years ago, I just showed the sheriff's office my DD214 and handed them a check for $50. As of last year Iowa is permitless carry.

correction: there was an application form... address etc, plus certif that I'm not a felon or lunatic.

Last edited:

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) Happy-Monday-Meme

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) MondaySizedCoffee

Anyone get off-road this weekend?

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Its a renewal yes. Different Sheriff so maybe that has something to do with it. I feel like I'm applying for a secret clearance again.
interesting. figured that if you was in the system. then it should be an automatic renewal.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Well, if they pull out the polygraph you'll know it's for a higher one than secret:).

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Someone please 'splain this to me. I ordered a small item from that Bezos Can't last week, never recieved it. This is what they (Amazon) think happened.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) AmazonPressureGaugeTrackingOnAmazo

This is what the USPS says happened...
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) AmazonPressureGaugeUSPSTracking8-8-2022

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot :whatsgoingon:
Sponsored