Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
Sounds fantastic! I haven't driven anything with the LS3 yet but I bet its pretty sweet!

I was pretty disappointed in the Trans Am I missed out on, but I did wind up getting into Mustangs a few years later. I had a 98 V6 that I probably should have kept around longer than I did and then a 02 GT that I sold to make room for the Jeep. Kinda miss it, and I wouldn't mind getting back in to Pony Cars.
I've always been into cars, but not so much Jeeps. My granddad has had a CJ-2A Willys since well before I was born, so I grew up riding in that one, but I was never a "Jeep" person until 2007.

Throughout college, I worked at a body shop and my first day at the body shop, my boss had bought his 16-year old son this brand new '01 60th Anniversary Wrangler and that was the first vehicle I washed there. It hadn't been cleaned from the dealership. In 2007, when I was looking for a 2nd vehicle to keep miles off my TA, I contacted my old boss and he said his son had a kid on the way and needed to sell the Jeep. I thought "Hmm... I've never considered a Jeep. Hell, I've only had cars." So said sure. I'll get the Jeep. Figured I'd have it for a year and sell it. I had about a week's worth of buyer's concern. Then, we took it to the lake and pulled the doors off of it. After that, I was hooked. Ran over crap, moved my neighbor's trash can at about 30 mph, could park it anywhere, etc. I loved it.

I DDed my TJ until '19 when I bought a JLUR w/ full intentions on selling the TJ... but couldn't bring myself to do it. Now, the '19 is gone and I have the '21, but I also still have the TJ (and the TA, but it's not going anywhere intentionally).

Didn't mean to write that much. lol

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I've always been into cars, but not so much Jeeps. My granddad has had a CJ-2A Willys since well before I was born, so I grew up riding in that one, but I was never a "Jeep" person until 2007.

Throughout college, I worked at a body shop and my first day at the body shop, my boss had bought his 16-year old son this brand new '01 60th Anniversary Wrangler and that was the first vehicle I washed there. It hadn't been cleaned from the dealership. In 2007, when I was looking for a 2nd vehicle to keep miles off my TA, I contacted my old boss and he said his son had a kid on the way and needed to sell the Jeep. I thought "Hmm... I've never considered a Jeep. Hell, I've only had cars." So said sure. I'll get the Jeep. Figured I'd have it for a year and sell it. I had about a week's worth of buyer's concern. Then, we took it to the lake and pulled the doors off of it. After that, I was hooked. Ran over crap, moved my neighbor's trash can at about 30 mph, could park it anywhere, etc. I loved it.

I DDed my TJ until '19 when I bought a JLUR w/ full intentions on selling the TJ... but couldn't bring myself to do it. Now, the '19 is gone and I have the '21, but I also still have the TJ (and the TA, but it's not going anywhere intentionally).

Didn't mean to write that much. lol
This is my first Jeep, and before that I thought they were cool but I never realized just how hooked you can get on them! Its no wonder my uncle has had one continuously since he got home from Vietnam. And he always left it parked in the woods instead of his nice garage, lol.

Before the Jeep I was hooked on Dodge Trucks and Mustangs... Had two of each for most of my adult life.

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
No fun. I was hoping for the minimal amount 3 inches. Looks like it might be 12 inches or slightly more.
Well...
Hmmm...
So many things that could be said. Decisions. Decisions.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I wasn't.

I drove the cheapest pieces of garbage I could afford for the longest time. Then dad somehow convinced a friend of his at work to loan me his Iroc Z28 for prom.

Funny enough, I never owned a V8. I still love that sound though. 🤷‍♂️

As for Jeeps, well the experience didn't hit me until a neighbor brought me to Moab. We rented a 2 door and did the easy trails. Hooked.

The following year we rented the 4 door.

The year after that I had bought my LJ and went with my own Jeep. Still haven't hit the main trails with the new Jeep. Hope the gang gets together this year so I can change that.

I do love the fact that I can get to better trailheads and explore old mining camps without having to hike 20 miles, but that hasn't seemed to stop me. Enjoy what you will while you can. Life is good.

🍻

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Nothing as big as what you've got going on but...

Last month I broke my glasses and tried to fix them. Now one ear piece is about two inches lower than the other leaving the right eye blurry.

There is one ophthalmologist in this tiny town. Their office is locked and they don't answer the phone forcing you to submit your request online. I finally got an appointment:

ME: "I need to get another pair of reading glasses as my current frames are damaged. I'm new to the area and don't have my prescription with me."

THEM: "We received your appointment request. Right now the first appointment we have available is April 28, 2022 at 9:30 AM. Will that day and time work for you?"

ME: "I don't think I can go four months with broken glasses."

THEM:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20220128_093603
Holy cow, that seems crazy. Then again, I was at my annual eye checkup last week and they asked if I wanted to schedule next year's...she was already booked through half of January 2023.

I did actually get in to the dentist yesterday morning, and it apparently wasn't as bad as it looked and felt to me. No crown, but he did have to fill it in. A little work on the tooth in front of that one, some x-rays and pictures of all of my teeth (to make sure the others were OK), and two hours later I was done. I have to go back in a couple of weeks for regular cleaning stuff, but I was pleasantly surprised and almost feel guilty about complaining yesterday.

Sponsored