Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Truth be told, I only decided as a New Year's resolution to start paying more attention to my retirement savings (including maxing out my yearly contributions.) Of course, the instant I do the market takes a nose dive. I should just continue my "head in the sand" approach of prior years. :CWL:

Anyway, it looks like the markets recovered a little today before closing. :whew:
Good for you! And don't worry about the market fluctuations. You have to be in it for the long haul. Most people want to get rich quick, but getting rich slowly is more achievable.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Good for you! And don't worry about the market fluctuations. You have to be in it for the long haul. Most people want to get rich quick, but getting rich slowly is more achievable.
Thanks. That's the conclusion I've reached when the "Should I move my money?" question has entered my mind over the past few days. I've got the bulk of it in target date funds so hopefully they work as designed.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
Thanks. That's the conclusion I've reached when the "Should I move my money?" question has entered my mind over the past few days. I've got the bulk of it in target date funds so hopefully they work as designed.
I realize this is a humor thread, but what is a "target date fund?" Perhaps you could phrase it like this: Did you hear the one about the target date fund?

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Tell me about it - 8 years of Spanish and I know the basics (how to ask for beer and the bathroom), I missed out on the language gene somehow. Since my department had the SOUTHCOM AOR area there were many trips down south, seemed like every country had different dialect. Luckily I had good (read fluent) officers and SNCOs in the SOUTHCOM shop:) - kept me out of trouble and becoming an international incident.
I was in El Salvador and Guatemala every summer from '89-'97, doing human rights volunteer work. Worked with teachers's unions, womens's groups, farmworkers, etc. There were civil wars going on in both countries. In '92 during a teacher strike, the govt hewspaper in Salvador mentioned me as "a leftist foreign agitator who should be killed," I was told later by a guy who was a SF with the MILGRP there that the Salvadoran army actually raised the issue of taking me out. Apparently someone dissuaded them... Might have become an international incident.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) me_andes__exec

That's me, top left, with union leadership.

Point is, that's where I learned Spanish... in that kind of thing you better not say the wrong word to the wrong person.

Sponsored

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
The reversed "Raptor" logo on the back of the 3rd brake light housing. "So you can see it in the rear view mirror." :CWL:
So in case you forget what you're driving....

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator