Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Charlie here is going to be 11 next month. Still healthy, but not as young as he thinks he is, lol.

1642538257207.png

1642538297121.png
They are precious and we have so little time with them!

When we first got Dakota, the first couple weeks he would bark to go outside to potty around 2-3am, I would go downstairs, get him out of the crate and outside. When we came back in, he would not go back to sleep so I would play with him to tire him out and he would crawl up on my chest and fall asleep. I would have to carefully move him to his crate so I could get ready for work.

Dakota was just over 12 years and still acted like a puppy, albeit slower, when he passed. It was unexpected and happened within 1-1/2 hours.

He woke up fine, went outside to do his business, came back in for breakfast. He went to the living room and laid down as usual, I was vacuuming, and he wouldn't move out of the way. He just looked at me, tried to get up but couldn't. Tried to pick him up and he went pee on the carpet which he never did then poo when we set him down to go outside. He would not move, I picked him back up to go outside and he just laid down. I brought him back in and noticed his lips were barely pink, I rushed him to the emergency vet right then and there.

When I got him out of the car he knew where he was, he liked the vet, and immediately perked up. Got him inside and seen immediately, he was bleeding out internally from a sarcoma. We were taken back to his room, he laid his head on my chest, and passed.

Apologies for rambling.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

When we first got Dakota, the first couple weeks he would bark to go outside to potty around 2-3am, I would go downstairs, get him out of the crate and outside. When we came back in, he would not go back to sleep so I would play with him to tire him out and he would crawl up on my chest and fall asleep. I would have to carefully move him to his crate so I could get ready for work.

Dakota was just over 12 years and still acted like a puppy, albeit slower, when he passed. It was unexpected and happened within 1-1/2 hours.

He woke up fine, went outside to do his business, came back in for breakfast. He went to the living room and laid down as usual, I was vacuuming, and he wouldn't move out of the way. He just looked at me, tried to get up but couldn't. Tried to pick him up and he went pee on the carpet which he never did then poo when we set him down to go outside. He would not move, I picked him back up to go outside and he just laid down. I brought him back in and noticed his lips were barely pink, I rushed him to the emergency vet right then and there.

When I got him out of the car he knew where he was, he liked the vet, and immediately perked up. Got him inside and seen immediately, he was bleeding out internally from a sarcoma. We were taken back to his room, he laid his head on my chest, and passed.

Apologies for rambling.
No need to apologize. Losing a loved pet is always tough.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
By the way, Dakota looks to have been a great buddy for you! I only wish they wouldn't leave us so soon.
He was a daddy's boy, he had hip issues and when he got older could no longer manage stairs well. I carried him upstairs to our bed every night and back down in the morning to go outside.

Funny story: He was never allowed on the bed and one time while I was travelling for work, and not home for several weeks, the other half decided to let him up on the bed. When I got back home the first night we went upstairs and he immediately jumped up on the bed and laid down on my side. From that point on it was his bed.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I turned the page, and I’m starting the next chapter in The Book of Billy. I put myself on furlough from the bike fucktory (before Christmas, but am now GettingTFO)(for reals) because the guy could no longer afford me, even if he was delusional and wouldn’t admit it. Today I’m gathering my shit from the rental room and my stuff on & around my desk. Putting that fukn place to my rudder, and I shall ne’er return. If numbnuts would have let me do my job, and focused on his craft (making fukn bikes), this could have/would have been a multi million dollar bidniss. Stupid fuck. Cheers! On on Fukrz!

Sponsored

Covered in Dust

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’ve been blessed to have owned dogs my whole life. Two very special ones among the many. One in my 20’s and another now.
Here are some pics of our current dog Rusty. I just got out of the hospital yesterday after 6 days. Needed to have a tube put in to drain fluids from my motorcycle crash last month. Rusty wasn’t allowed on the bed but after I was gone a few nights he jumped right up in my spot and took my place.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 299DAAEB-75E4-49DA-BD64-7FAE94217C6C

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 65D77BC8-893E-4522-BE1A-0EABF8C3CDDD

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 2AB7E143-2881-4146-BE93-596EAB200670

Last edited:

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
Pipes froze over the weekend and at 12:55am today they bursted.
Don't you have heat in that place? I guess you've got even more water in your kitchen now.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
This is how Jeep picks what colors will be available in the next run of "special wranglers":

They used to have a spinning color wheel that employees would throw a dart at blindfolded. But that didn't work out so well when the person responsible for making dealers honor warranties got taken out (which explains a lot btw)... So they had to stop that.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 2AB7E143-2881-4146-BE93-596EAB200670

Now, they use a much safer way. They get whatever engineer is picked as "employee of the quarter" and allow them to pick a crayon from the CEO's box blindfolded. They then post that crayon in the overcrowded employee break room so everyone knows what the new "special color" is. They've been using this method for a while now.

But --- As you have noticed, the colors don't stick around long because the same engineer that thought it was a good idea to introduce a badly made rear stock bumper AND introduced ESS has started eating all the light colored ones. :CWL:

Sponsored

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
That is great!! The rescue organization I do volunteer work for received a little over $2000 as well, just wish Facebook didn't take a cut of the proceeds.
Wouldn't want that Zuckerberg cunt to live in poverty.

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey

Apologies for rambling.
giphy.gif

I have had Labs most of my life, but I love Goldens too. It has been several years since I have had a dog. We bought a new house end of last year and are finally able to get one, and I cannot wait.