Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
Spent the whole day repairing pipes in my house. Try to fix my kitchen faucet. I had to replace it at the end then I had to replace the new replacement for another one. Finally got everything working and we have water in our kitchen.
But you had water in your kitchen before you did all that work.
Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
You show up for warranty service on your stock wrangler suspension. Dealer refuses warranty service saying that you “gravely misused” your vehicle and used it in “unsafe and rough” conditions. You say, “oh yeah, prove it!” They just laugh, point to the 4 Jeep BOH badges on the side of your vehicle, and walk away….
Wonder if something like this has ever happened? 🤔

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
You show up for warranty service on your stock wrangler suspension. Dealer refuses warranty service saying that you “gravely misused” your vehicle and used it in “unsafe and rough” conditions. You say, “oh yeah, prove it!” They just laugh, point to the 4 Jeep BOH badges on the side of your vehicle, and walk away….
Dunno...but I betcha someone could MAKE it happen if he really tried.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
If you find a nice new wrangler on a dealer lot you want, but the dealer tries to rip you off like a slime ball… Walk away. Then try this:

Have a friend go to dealer lot and take it for a test drive, and leave the salesman behind. Have them take it out for at least three hours to the worst, god-foresaken mud pit you can find, and drive it around until the vehicle color is nothing but a dark shade of mud. Feel free to crack the windows occasionally just to make sure some gets inside. Make sure you put at least 100 miles on it, even if you have to put it up on blocks and leave a brick on the gas petal. Then have them return it, and walk away saying they will “think about it.”

Then, after the dealer goes to the effort of cleaning it all up and putting it back on the lot, do it again with a different friend. Repeat as necessary.

Then, once the vehicle has at least 300 miles on it and their detailing crew is fed up with cleaning the same one over and over, walk in, take for a short test drive, act excited, and offer them at least 5% less than the original price you wanted. Tell them that the mileage of the vehicle “seems high” for a new vehicle, but you will “take it off their hands” if they play ball. Then drive away with your new vehicle, go pick up all the friends that helped you, and go mudding like you would anyway!👍

And if that doesn’t work and they don’t come down in price, just keep sending more “friends” in for test drives. You’ll get it eventually.😈

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
heres the latest on my jeep technic build. i finished late last night on the motor, trans, and t case. joined them to the front clip / axle. its coming along slowly due to just finding time to sit down and work on it.
20220116_205237[1].jpg

20220116_225120[1].jpg
I’ve been thinking of getting one of these but then I have to figure out how to get it home. On the plane or mail it.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
hey @obwahn its your favorite color too.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Just ask Aldo. If anyone knows he would.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I’ve been thinking of getting one of these but then I have to figure out how to get it home. On the plane or mail it.
heres the link

hey mike its worth it. i'm taking my time on it on my days off when i can get to it. as for getting it back home, i think its pretty sturdy once its done. so you should be able to pack it and stuff it well with foam, bubble wrap, etc. the next section i'm working on is the steering / dash and the rear section / axle. the last section should be the body.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I wish I had that kinda coin.
i'm surprise it didnt sell. i wonder what the reserve was. i'm thinking close to $1 million.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
heres the link

hey mike its worth it. i'm taking my time on it on my days off when i can get to it. as for getting it back home, i think its pretty sturdy once its done. so you should be able to pack it and stuff it well with foam, bubble wrap, etc. the next section i'm working on is the steering / dash and the rear section / axle. the last section should be the body.
Thx. I’d rather get the rubicon.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Ok, I know it's long, but...WTF

The Pentagon announced new rules for the Army-Navy-Air Force-Marine Corps football tournament:

1. Only flag football will be played. The Joint Chiefs of Staff deemed tackle and touch football too dangerous. First, because of the CNN factor, the public will no longer tolerate even one field casualty. Second, touching another player today -- even the congratulatory pat on the behind -- is court-martial bait.

2. The phrase "making a pass" will be changed to the less ambiguous "throwing the ball." And the Army, Navy and Marines will be blocked from throws beyond 5 yards because of Air Force protests that it alone owns the long-range air attack mission.

3. The Marine Corps may run with the ball, but no more than 25 yards per quarter, the Pentagon ruled. It was prompted by Army objections to long-range naval ground operations.

4. The Navy may not use tailbacks. The term is too sensitive and should be avoided.

5. To promote inter-service cooperation, all teams were ordered to use the same game plan, after receiving suggestions from all four services.

The Army's plan, called "The Game After Next," called for handoffs of a digitized football to the fullback, up the middle, on every play. The Army plan's last chapter, titled "Exit Strategy," was oddly blank, which would leave players with no choice but to set up bunkers and temporary housing on the 50-yard line.

The Navy's "Forward... From the Bench" plan called for players -- each called a ball "carrier" -- to be surrounded by other Navy football players in a pack called "carrier groups." These units would establish a roaming "presence" all over the playing field. Less important than crossing the goal line is the Navy strategy of being able to protect the carrier group wherever it patrols the gridiron. So threatening are these carriers, the Navy strategy goes, that no one would be foolish enough to even mount a defense.

The Marine's "Three-Yard War" plan was predictable: Seize ground, every down, no matter how, regardless of the price, preferably while on the playing field.

The Air Force's "Field-Wide Engagement" plan kept calling for very long, accurate throws on every down, during huddles, time outs, halftime, between games, in the parking lot and even in the showers. So fast and accurate would these throws be, went the Air Force strategy, no other team should even bother to take the field.

After examining each team's playbook the Secretary of Defense ruled that none was suitable, leaving each service to its own devices.

The Navy decided victory could be had by not taking the field at all. Instead, its players patrolled up and down the sidelines in breathtaking formation, hoping that would sufficiently deter the other teams from leaving their benches. Likewise, the Army decided against taking the field, at least until several conditions were met: one, that vital U.S. national interests were at stake; two, the conditions for victory were concrete and easily defined; and, three, the president would activate 550,000 reserve and National Guard Army football players if the game actually were to be played.

The Air Force felt victory could be achieved also by not showing up. Secret plans were later leaked to the press that the Air Force had spent $38.7 billion on a system able to fire the football into the end zone from space.

Bolstered by congressional resolution to be the "most ready football team when others are the least," the Marines stormed the playing field and declared themselves the winners.

And there was joy in Mudville.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) AintNobodyGotTimeForThat