Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Nephew's woke me up. Had finally gotten the dosing on my cold medicine right to able to sleep too.

They thought a Kaiju had appeared in the house...
Well, where DO you keep your kaiju?? I mean, I have a separate building for mine, but....
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but during geology field camp (5 weeks out doing field work as part of the degree requirements), I was running pretty low on funds at one point. I bought a loaf of bread and a jar of Goober Grape, which was my diet for several days.
1642186624273.png
No shame in that. I was once living on cup noodles so I could make rent and pay for gas.
Bought a box of Ramen. It lasted a while. When I could, I picked up frozen vegetables to heat up with it. Those were the days of shuffling credit debt from one card to another with starting interest rates of 0% for a few months.

Do what you need to survive.

giphy.gif

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but during geology field camp (5 weeks out doing field work as part of the degree requirements), I was running pretty low on funds at one point. I bought a loaf of bread and a jar of Goober Grape, which was my diet for several days.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) giphy
Loved that stuff as a lazy teen, lol.

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
No shame in that. I was once living on cup noodles so I could make rent and pay for gas.
Both of you guys are making me remember a port call in Bermuda, where several friends and I found ourselves at the end of the road, with the next bus not coming until morning.

We made the best of it by pooling our (limited) cadet funds, buying cheap bread, soda, peanut butter, jelly, and rum (of course).

Spent the night on the beach with said ingredients, in various combinations (lol).

Good times!

Cheers,
-CM-

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
Wasn't disputing, just entering numbers for info. Also, I misspoke. My panels are the size you reference, 3.5x5.5. The production numbers I gave were correct. At a nominal peak of 8.4 kwh with 17 panels, that gives right at 500 kw per panel. Looks like my peak output yesterday was just under 350 per panel. So we're not too far apart.
That makes a lot more sense to me. I'm afraid I may be coming across as anti-solar, which I'm not. But I am realistic, and solar has pros and cons. It's excellent for some applications and wishful thinking for others.

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
T-minus 20 minutes and counting before the weekend starts. In the mean time, I keep getting distracted and coming here and looking on Amazon. This keeps showing up on the Amazon website, and it would look great on the shelf next to the Lunar Lander one.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1642192998832

I am so tempted. But, it costs more than some of the recent additions I've purchased for my Jeep. That's hard to do.

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
T-minus 20 minutes and counting before the weekend starts. In the mean time, I keep getting distracted and coming here and looking on Amazon. This keeps showing up on the Amazon website, and it would look great on the shelf next to the Lunar Lander one.

I am so tempted. But, it costs more than some of the recent additions I've purchased for my Jeep. That's hard to do.

Cheers,
-CM-

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link

giphy.gif

Sponsored

Munky

First Name
Kester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ariel Atom / Caterham 7 / ‘68 Porsche / Subaru WRX
Let me drive the Atom and you can ask all the dumb questions you want.
Ha ha ha. The Atom is fast - maybe too fast (oxymoron?) while the Caterham is actually more fun, but not quite so fast (and not quite so snap oversteer!)
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) E77D481B-232D-4D9C-A9BC-AC5802AEEEA0

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) E77D481B-232D-4D9C-A9BC-AC5802AEEEA0

Or the Caterham, or the Porsche, depending on what model it is. I've driven a 914, but have only sat in a classic 911. It was an orange 930 painted like a Carrera RS.
I had a 914-6 until 2 years ago (Orange thingie up top) Great little car that slowly had more and more panels removed and then space framed.
I swapped it in the end for an 86 911 which was fun, but never quite jelled with it. It looked pretty though:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) F570AF22-1303-4083-9164-5EF8323B502B

So I sold it and bought this:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 497F4BF9-D864-4D2E-BDB6-738CB6547BF2

0-60 eventually! :p
It depends how aggressive you are with the skinny pedal. The hardest thing on the driveline is spinning tires, or actually when they hook up and cease spinning, as that imparts quite a shock load on everything. Another thing to avoid is heavy throttle when in 4WD with the front wheels turned sharply, because the strength of the U-joints diminishes with greater operating angle.
Great - thanks for that. I’m guessing that you have to have a 2” lift for the wheels then on an Unlimited, but not a Sahara or Rubi. Thanks. That makes sense!

Ive bought the JL to tow the two lightweights when I do track days (though they are both road legal). The Atom is too punishing though and the Caterham would be a problem if it broke and still had to get home.

Ignore all the silly little words above, look at this!
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 3EC760F6-F541-41CF-879D-B35ED8DE9229

That was me actually. I auditioned for a tree, but they said I was too weedy…
Im
I’m all fixed now though, thanks to this:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) CC649EBD-CF0C-459E-8D01-A59DCF94578A

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
Ha ha ha. The Atom is fast - maybe too fast (oxymoron?) while the Caterham is actually more fun, but not quite so fast (and not quite so snap oversteer!)
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) CC649EBD-CF0C-459E-8D01-A59DCF94578A

I had a 914-6 until 2 years ago (Orange thingie up top) Great little car that slowly had more and more panels removed and then space framed.
I swapped it in the end for an 86 911 which was fun, but never quite jelled with it. It looked pretty though:

So I sold it and bought this:

0-60 eventually! :p

Great - thanks for that. I’m guessing that you have to have a 2” lift for the wheels then on an Unlimited, but not a Sahara or Rubi. Thanks. That makes sense!

Ive bought the JL to tow the two lightweights when I do track days (though they are both road legal). The Atom is too punishing though and the Caterham would be a problem if it broke and still had to get home.

Ignore all the silly little words above, look at this!

That was me actually. I auditioned for a tree, but they said I was too weedy…
Im
I’m all fixed now though, thanks to this:
giphy.gif

Nice Collection!
The 914 I drove was not much like that one. It was in nice shape, but it was mostly stock with a 4 cylinder.
An air cooled 911 is one of my bucketlist cars. I would prefer a 964 or a 993 because those are the two that lured me in in my childhood, but I like them all.

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) nuthous

I wouldn't be surprised if Elon Musk is already working on a completely off the grid Tesla that doesn't require plugging in.

Maybe something like that will be available for Jeep in the near future 🤷‍♀️ :fingerscrossed:🧐😎☀
Who knows what he is up to, a Target near me now has at least 20 "Tesla Only" charging stations in the lot. They are located in the spots furthest away from the store...
Sponsored