Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Latest news: I’m being admitted to get hooked to a machine to clean the excess white cells outta my blood. My count is over 400k.
Sending good vibes Mike.
Sponsored

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
Latest news: I’m being admitted to get hooked to a machine to clean the excess white cells outta my blood. My count is over 400k.
Dammit Mike!!! Get well quickly!!!

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
FB_IMG_1638758510627.jpg

Sponsored

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
I obviously know the answer, but just for everyone else's sake who might not know, what is a normal count?
Uh Oh this could be bad...

High white blood cell count during pregnancy
Typically, white blood cell count is elevated during pregnancy, with the lower limit of the reference range being around 6,000 cells per μl and the upper limit around 17,000 cells per μl. The stress imposed on the body through pregnancy causes this rise in white blood cells.

During delivery and in the hours that follow, the white blood cell count range can be anywhere between 9,000 and 25,000 white blood cells per μl of blood. The white blood cell count will typically return to normal around four-weeks after delivery.

Last edited:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Catheter installed in neck, not fun but tolerable. Machine is running! At least three treatments planned.

Sponsored

Muskylounge6801

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR, Hydro Blue Pearl
Uh Oh this could be bad...

High white blood cell count during pregnancy
Typically, white blood cell count is elevated during pregnancy, with the lower limit of the reference range being around 6,000 cells per μl and the upper limit around 17,000 cells per μl. The stress imposed on the body through pregnancy causes this rise in white blood cells.

During delivery and in the hours that follow, the white blood cell count range can be anywhere between 9,000 and 25,000 white blood cells per μl of blood. The white blood cell count will typically return to normal around four-weeks after delivery.

I don't work in OB, prefer never too. JMHO.

In general, elevated WBC's by themselves don't always mean anything bad. Example, someone falls and breaks a leg. They will almost always have elevated WBC's. Normal would likely be between 5K and 12K.

So stress changes the body dramatically and will alter all of the norms. I would expect a pregnant mom to have elevated WBC and probably more elevated as she gets super close to delivery.

Let us know how everything goes.
Sponsored