Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
this is torture for me - not sure what this one says or has (regular colorblind test using this you're supposed to see numbers if you aren't colorblind). I'm lucky if I can see 2 of 18 numbers.

Fortunately for me the Navy/USMC uses the Falant color test which I can pass (or I'd never have flown). USAF uses the above dot test which I'd fail miserably.
Sponsored

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
this is torture for me - not sure what this one says or has (regular colorblind test using this you're supposed to see numbers if you aren't colorblind). I'm lucky if I can see 2 of 18 numbers.

Fortunately for me the Navy/USMC uses the Falant color test which I can pass (or I'd never have flown). USAF uses the above dot test which I'd fail miserably.
My eyes work the same way, it was frustrating until it was explained to me why...The Farnsworth-Munsell is the test that I can pass, never could see the numbers in the dots...

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
My understanding is that my night vision is better and I see colors more vividly. Obviously I have to take their word for it. Its my general vision I'm more concerned about now as I slowly descend mr magoo's staircase...

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
My understanding is that my night vision is better and I see colors more vividly. Obviously I have to take their word for it. Its my general vision I'm more concerned about now as I slowly descend mr magoo's staircase...
:fist bump:

Started the last couple of years myself. Worse when tired.

My night vision is terrible. Was good up until my 40's, and then worse and worse. Hence a lot of extra lights on the Jeep. Do NOT want to be on a trail after dark. lol

Worse is the need for my phone to magnify some small text if it's in a darker room. :asshat:

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L

My night vision is terrible. Was good up until my 40's, and then worse and worse. Hence a lot of extra lights on the Jeep. Do NOT want to be on a trail after dark. lol

Worse is the need for my phone to magnify some small text if it's in a darker room. :asshat:
I have a magnifying glass with a sweet pleather case. I should probably just get my eyes checked and get glasses or readers if that's what the kids still call them.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
don’t color blind also spot camouflaged equipment easily anyway?
i think thats true. cuz one of the member in my car club mentioned when he was in the army, his buddy was color blind. they had him on night patrol (before night vision tech) looking for the camo pattern objects. apparently color blind can spot the dark pattern at night.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

have you been checked for cataract. my night vision was getting worse and the glare from the lights was bad too. after cataract surgery i can see better at night. defiantly a lot better during the daytime hours. still i'm not crazy in night time driving. that due to way too many morons on the road. and i'm tired from work.

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
have you been checked for cataract. my night vision was getting worse and the glare from the lights was bad too. after cataract surgery i can see better at night. defiantly a lot better during the daytime hours. still i'm not crazy in night time driving. that due to way too many morons on the road. and i'm tired from work.
No, and I know I need to get checked because it's been a couple of years.