Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
I'm rather mixed on this. The power is its best feature, and it has a lot of innovations. But there are way too many gizmos to fail. I also don't like the idea of everything operating through the touchscreen. If it gets glitchy, you're fukked. However, of the EVs available, I find the Rivian to be one of the most likable.
Sponsored

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Canā€™t stand that dude and his flailing around. Sorry, not interested is his electric pu review cuz Iā€™m not in the market for one.
Now, get off my lawn.
He is irritating. If you handcuffed him, I'll bet he couldn't talk.

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
yeah, he's got lots of "quirks and features" about how he presents (see what i did there?). I watch him because he does review a ton of cars, but try not to listen to his interpretations (unlike Mr Regular - I go there to learn about the car, but stay for the philosophical discourse). Anybody knows a good car channel that does a lot of cars?

Rivian looks interesting, but it's clearly "I buy truck as an outdoor enthusiast" truck, as opposed to "I buy truck for Home Depot runs". Frunk situation is not as well thought through as Ford's Lightning - on Ford, the front goes up with the hood - so easier access.
Can anybody explain to me how having a spare accessible by lifting a floor of a bed is a good idea? Am I supposed unload whatever I have in the bed if I get a flat? the gear tunnel is.

What i want is to hack to disable "gear door open, no moving" and then mount a couple of seats with guns on those doors.
The Honda Ridgeline also puts the spare in the in-bed trunk, so you have to plan ahead if you're going to have a flat tire. At least the Rivian has a full-size spare. The Ridgeline has a limited-service spare, and the full-size tire won't fit in the spare compartment, so your flat has to go in the bed (Honda provides a bracket to mount the flat to the front of the bed, so I guess they're assuming that no one will actually put anything in the bed). The Corvair pickup was even worse- with the engine under the bed, you had to plan ahead for engine trouble, which apparently was an inherent feature of them!

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
no

its a cold windy day here. i would of like to get the jeep washed and waxed for the winter. but thats not gonna happen till spring time. might get a chance to power wash (at least the underside) unless the self wash shuts down the power washer due to the cold temps.

not much on tv. i'm hoping to find a movie to watch. i did watch transporter again. (like 100x)
Watching Wheel of Time on Prime. Read the books in high school. Great story.

Hope you get a break in the weather. A good wax before the winter helps the winter cleaning at those power wash stops.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Warm day. Great hike. Jeep in the garage with a fresh wash and wax.

Now what's on TV? :beer:
The Hawkeye series started on Disney +

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
The Hawkeye series started on Disney +
Watched two episodes, and will catch the third here next.:like:

I like the new girl. Hope it goes well. Ronin is a great complexity to the tale, and Iā€™m very interested to see where they take it.

Sponsored