Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
:surprised:

This version gives a better idea of how fast he was going and how long he was in that fire. WoW

How did he have enough oxygen in that ball of fire to be able to climb out?
Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
How did he have enough oxygen in that ball of fire to be able to climb out?
I don't watch car races, but that guy has earned every right there is to be called "Phoenix" for the rest of his life.
Everything about that wreck was amazing.

Joe's_Roxy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Quality Manager
When you need all bases covered... I just think it is hysterical that they want "no weirdos" to respond to the add.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1637349525173

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Yeah. Special Forces has used them for decades. I saw them employed in interesting ways early in Afghanistan. Those stories are for a different venue though.

Edit: This is an excerpt from Wikipedia describing one of the rounds Special Forces uses that conventional forces decided against procuring: “The widely used Carl Gustaf 8.4cm recoilless rifle also uses an Area Defence Munition designed as a close-range anti-personnel round. It fires 1,100 flechettes over a wide area”.
"God's shotgun".
(which is also what we used to call claymores, and the cannon cockers called beehives)

Sponsored

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
Was up on a ridgeline at Pendleton to familiarize with 3.5" rocket launcher...yes, a real bazooka, and that dates me...gave us three practice rounds to fire at burned out tanks on the next mountain. I fired all three...not only missed the tank, I missed the entire mountain. Rounds went right over the crest and out of sight. Instructor said, "Dont worry, nothing back there but more damn Pendleton."
I saw a 106 recoilless round clear a ridgeline at Pendleton - that sucker may have landed in Nevada.

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to think I'm fairly "in the know" with things today. In fact, my kids are often surprised that I know about whatever thing they are talking about. Having said that, today I had to look something up that my wife spoke about, Whamageddon. Although I was disappointed in myself for not already knowing about it (especially considering when, in my life, that band was popular), that fact did save my wife from losing. Because during my research, I learned that according to the official rules, simply hearing our youngest singing the song does not knock her out of the game; you apparently have to hear the original. That and the fact that it doesn't start until December 1 anyway.

Having said that, I have to have a word with that kid. I keep telling them, no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving...

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I like to think I'm fairly "in the know" with things today. In fact, my kids are often surprised that I know about whatever thing they are talking about. Having said that, today I had to look something up that my wife spoke about, Whamageddon. Although I was disappointed in myself for not already knowing about it (especially considering when, in my life, that band was popular), that fact did save my wife from losing. Because during my research, I learned that according to the official rules, simply hearing our youngest singing the song does not knock her out of the game; you apparently have to hear the original. That and the fact that it doesn't start until December 1 anyway.

Having said that, I have to have a word with that kid. I keep telling them, no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving...
Is it wrong that I love that song?

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher