Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, I know they do so even when new. Hopefully it will be more of an "emitting" than a slinging. Like I said, I pumped them up pretty good for the install. I think the emitting will be reduced once any overage is forced out.

We'll get some froading time on the new setup next weekend. Desert froading season has officially started.

Want to play.

I might have to invade your territory if I’m not put to work soon. Love that desert running. 👍

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, this was mostly about improved strength and durability. I just took her for a quick test drive around the block and I think I sensed a tightness but it's probably just placebo effect. I'ma drive her over the HF right now for a longer test ride and DW check.

She feels good tho!
I got the same exact feel. A noticeable increase in strength against road imperfection impacts and a bit less overall mushiness in the steering. But I did too much at once to be able to accurately assign credit.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I got the same exact feel. A noticeable increase in strength against road imperfection impacts and a bit less overall mushiness in the steering. But I did too much at once to be able to accurately assign credit.
I like it so far! More testing in the dirt next weekend.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Curious, did you have to readjust the tie rod to maintain the same total toe with the Reids?
Didn't check it yet. That was on the list of "finishing touches" I have. She drove fine at all speeds so I'm not sure I'll bother.

If I'm feeling energetic I might check it tomorrow.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I definitely sense a tighter steering feel with the new ball joints. Mystery knock is still there offroad. I'm thinking it may be sway bar related. It's certainly much worse disconnected. Gonna crawl under it again tomorrow to see if I can figure it out.

Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Just saying... Making bacon tomorrow!!! Yum...yum!!!
We are in Bacon Heaven!!!

It was pulled from the fridge and washed off this morning and left to dry.
FB_IMG_1635642474778.jpg

FB_IMG_1635642480075.jpg

Finally up to temperature in the smoker...
FB_IMG_1635642486748.jpg

Ready to take a few slices to use for dinner and to taste test it
FB_IMG_1635642491921.jpg

FB_IMG_1635642496406.jpg

FB_IMG_1635642500342.jpg

The chopped up bacon was put in a cast iron skillet, placed in the pellet grill and cooked down the bacon...I then added dinner to the skillet...venison tenderloins.
FB_IMG_1635642506222.jpg

The rest of the bacon is in the fridge cooking off and firming up. It will be sliced in the morning and packaged.
As long as we can buy pork belly...we will NOT be buying store bought bacon again. LOL. It is FREAK'N awesome!!!

Last edited:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
New fridge arrived at 1630. Lights out on freezer side cuz it was open too long.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 146D7A49-1311-4A0D-BC2F-322AED17FF54

Last edited:

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
That brings back some memories… my one CO on the icebreaker was a great guy, and loved The Far Side. I used to post the daily calendar page outside my door and he made a point of stopping by on his daily round of the ship.

Anyway, I forgot to do so one day, having had the early morning ‘Fid’ watch (0400-0800). Later, I hear the dreaded intercom announcement, ‘Now, Mr…., your presence is requested in the Cabin.’ (ALWAYS a pucker-inducing thing to hear, lol.)

I go up there and he (laughingly) gives me grief about forgetting, etc., how he didn’t get his Far Side ration, etc. :LOL: You had to respect the man — he was the CO, mid-40’s, with a Mickey Mouse phone on his desk.:like:

To end this wall of text, I started having fun with it — posted the above one when it came up, but with ‘Karl’ pencilled in vice ‘Carl’, as that was his first name, etc. Good times!

Cheers,
-CM-

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
New fridge arrived at 1630. Lights out on freezer side cuz it was as open too long.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 146D7A49-1311-4A0D-BC2F-322AED17FF54
Warranty replacement? We just got a Frigidaire because we had one of those infamous LG’s with the crap compressor.

I would not accept defeat and replaced the compressor so now we have two refrigerators.

Probably cost me more to fix the damn thing than it did when new. But I did buy oxy/act bottles which I can use for other things.
Gregj
Sponsored