Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Gaitero

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si, 1995 Toyota T100, 70 Bronco
Occupation
marine mechanic/ electrician/ fabricator
IMG_3061.JPG

Greetings Jeepers, saw this little dude heading south on 81 yesterday.

It's been a looooong handful of days. The man and I filled one of those pod storage/moving things with a ton of my crap on Wed. Now I'm back in NC to wait for the pod so I can unload that sucker.

I hate seeing all the animals on the side of the road that didn't make it across. Yesterday I saw an enormous black bear on the shoulder. I had to do a double take because I thought it was still alive:surprised: Damn thing was massive. I don't even want to think about the vehicle that hit it ☹😯
Here in Virginia the answer to the joke about why the chicken crossed the road, is to prove to the possum that it can be done.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just watched a YouTube video on ball joint replacement posted up yesterday by the the YouTuber who shall not be named (if you know, you know). So much cringe and bad advice on there. For the love of all that is greased, do not follow that videos instructions.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Just watched a YouTube video on ball joint replacement posted up yesterday by the the YouTuber who shall not be named (if you know, you know). So much cringe and bad advice on there. For the love of all that is greased, do not follow that videos instructions.
YouTube is my last option when trying to figure something out. So much bad advice by people who would get fired by Jiffy Lube for incompetence.

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
YouTube is my last option when trying to figure something out. So much bad advice by people who would get fired by Jiffy Lube for incompetence.
I tend to watch all I can find when searching out info, as well as multiple forum posts. Fortunately for me, I am more than just a little mechanically inclined, so it's easy to separate the wheat from the chaff. That said, this particular video is absolute garbage.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I was watching it some yesterday. What are your major objections :whatsgoingon:

Hitting the al-you-minny-uhm knuckles with a sledge seems like a bad idea. And why he pulled the boots off the old BJs was a mystery to me as well.

Holy shit, I just noticed the BJ press cluster fuck! Oh yeah, I had a WTF moment on hammering in the camber sleeve yesterday, too.

Okay, you're right. :giggle:

Boy, those synergy BJs look a little sloppy, too.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I was watching it some yesterday. What are your major objections :whatsgoingon:

Hitting the al-you-minny-uhm knuckles with a sledge seems like a bad idea. And why he pulled the boots off the old BJs was a mystery to me as well.
That, and I'll add that putting red lock tight on those particular components was a terrible idea. That takes heat to break loose, dafuq?! He didn't reapply blue lock tight to the ABS sensor bolt, and completely undid the ABS harness from the support, which he unbolted anyway. Unnecessary. He totally missed going back to the lower BJ and torquing it to 35 ft/lbs, as well as some weird need to clock the cotter pin holes. Who effing cares, he twisted the shit out of the boots. Not to mention installing the upper before the lower BJ. In general, I like his videos, but this one was a huge miss in my opinion.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
That, and I'll add that putting red lock tight on those particular components was a terrible idea. That takes heat to break loose, dafuq?! He didn't reapply blue lock tight to the ABS sensor bolt, and completely undid the ABS harness from the support, which he unbolted anyway. Unnecessary. He totally missed going back to the lower BJ and torquing it to 35 ft/lbs, as well as some weird need to clock the cotter pin holes. Who effing cares, he twisted the shit out of the boots. Not to mention installing the upper before the lower BJ. In general, I like his videos, but this one was a huge miss in my opinion.
Yeah, when he clocked the cotter pin holes I had to go reread the Dynatrac instructions thinking I might've missed it. Nope! I had no problems getting the pins in other than a little work getting the holes lined up between the turrets.

If he had been installing the Dynatracs on the stock D44 inner-Cs using the press the way he did I think he would've damaged something.

But yeah, I have learned some stuff from some of his videos. It seems like he was in a hurry on that one.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'll add that there are a few Dynatrac centric videos that do a much better job of showing the process. I don't recall any of them mentioning to put the fooker in 4wd so the FAD is engaged and the collar captured to the inner shaft and not flopping around like a flounder. That was a fooking PITA.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I'll add that there are a few Dynatrac centric videos that do a much better job of showing the process. I don't recall any of them mentioning to put the fooker in 4wd so the FAD is engaged and the collar captured o. The inner shaft and not flopping around like a flounder. That was a fooking PITA.
My shafts all had to come out anyway. ;)